12

We were all set, ready for the drug deal.

Jisung and Seungmin were standing in the middle of the wide area right in front of the plant. Felix and I were standing on either side of them, armed only of few guns.

We had decided that Hyunjin and Jeongin should have been the ones checking the sides from the upper floors of the buildings which surrounded the courtyard we were currently in.

Chan and Changbin had decided to be the drivers for today, in case something went wrong and we had to flee fast.

We  walked to the centre of the courtyard, our two snipers following us through the gunsight of their rifles.

- I see the dealer approaching the courtyard from the back. - Jeongin spoke through the earpieces. - He's alone. -

The dealer finally appeared. He was indeed alone, carrying a big bag of what I assumed was cocaine.

Only few words were exchanged between Jisung and the man, Seungmin observing every move.

- I only bring you the best stuff, you know you can trust me. - The dealer proudly stated as Jisung inspected the bag - I'm the best dealer you could find in all of Korea. -

- Yet not good enough to prevent us from coming here. - A tall, buff man appeared from behind the dealer, hiding his eyes behind big black sunglasses.

- Seojoon. - I gritted my teeth, looking at one of the members of our rival gang. He was the leader of their most important squad, you could say he was my equivalent. He was in his fourties, yet his body looked much younger.

- Eun, dear. I always forget how sexy a woman can look when holding a gun. - he smirked, looking at my figure.

- What are you here for? - I asked sternly.

- Oh, come on, honey. I think you already know the answer. Take the drugs, pay your lovely dealer much more than you can afford, and then eventually kill you if you get in our way. - he said, smiling as if he were talking to little kids - Now come on guys, let's get this done. -

From the wall behind him, four more men appeared, walking steadily towards their leader. One of them walked towards the bag of cocaine, the dealer retreating to the side of the courtyard in fear of what would have happened next.

- You stay there. - I said, pointing the gun right at the man who was approaching the bag.

- Don't shoot randomly. Shoot at my sign. This way you'll be able to kill them faster and reduce the chance of any of you getting hurt. - Minho spoke from the earpiece. He could see everything through a little, almost invisible, camera we had positioned on me.

- Eun, Eun, Eun. - sighed Seojoon, stepping a bit forward while raising the gun at me - Don't make me do this. It was already harsh killing your mother, it would be a pity to kill her beautiful daughter as well. -

Everything around me became blurred. My mother. I had hated my father for so long for having failed at protecting her, and I still did. However, the thought of her had faded through the years, coming back only every once in a while. I knew she had been killed by some other gang, but I had never known who had done it. And now, I was standing right in front of the man who had shot her.

But I had to keep my cool. "Not yet, I have to wait for Minho's signal", I thought, as I threw back my shoulders, standing as straight as I could. I took my other gun out, pointing it back at him. His jackals took their guns out as well.

- Or maybe I should talk about that young woman... I remember she had two kids, one of them being... Hyunjin, I think. He's in your gang, isn't he? It was so nice of your father to take him in and raise him as an assassin. Is he not here? I would love to end both of your families and finish what I started. -

He was ranting now, and there was no way of stopping him. I kept on praying for Minho to say something, but no sound was coming out of the earpieces.

- I remember that night, will you tell him? How I shot his sister on the spot because she was trying to prevent me from getting to their father. - he grinned, reminiscing that night, lost in his thoughts - Maybe he remembers... How his mother was there, on the floor, screaming as I raped her, and they were watching. Her terrified screams, the bes... -

Bang.

Seojoon collapsed on the floor, a trail of blood falling down his temple. Hyunjin had shot him.

Soon, the whole courtyard was filled with gunshots, the metallic tingling of bullet cases falling on the cement floor.

Only few seconds after, and their whole gang was laying down lifeless on the concrete, dying it red. Jisung grabbed the cocaine bag, quickly followed by the rest of us, running towards the vans.

We got in and sped off, as my mind blanked out due to the rage.

- Hwang Hyunjin, you fucking ass! - I turned to him, my eyes red with fury. Impulsively, I took out my knife and held it to his throat, staring at him directly in his deep brown eyes. I could perceive his fear, and it only pushed me to shout at him more - Were you fucking trying to kill us? We had agreed to wait for Minho's signal! - my breath became heavy on his skin, his eyes almost tearing up.

- Eun, calm down. You will sort it out once we're home. - it was Chan, speaking from the driver's seat - Right now I need you to focus on what's around us. They might be following. - I retreated from Hyunjin, putting my knife back, but never averting my hateful gaze from him.

- Someone call Minho. - I said, not averting my eyes from the blonde boy which had almost got us killed. - Someone fucking call him! - I shouted again, after no one had moved a muscle.

Felix took out his phone, dialling his number.

- Here, Eun. - he gave his phone to me, looking at me with sweet eyes and a smile. I did not return the same look, but rather I offered him disgust. Disgust for the audacity of still thinking about seducing me in a tense moment like that. Disgust for his happiness in seeing Hyunjin so fragile. I absolutely despised Lee Felix in that moment.

I called Minho, but I received no answer. That was odd: he was always the first to respond, and it never took him more than one ring of the phone to answer.

- He's not answering. - I could see worried looks stamped on everybody's faces, when a familiar beep coming from our phones caught our attention. The house has been violated.

Without the need for words, Chan sped past the entrance of the woods, driving crazily fast through the sharp turns.

Felix POV

I was satisfied. Hyunjin had messed up, and Eun had threatened him. She had humiliated him. Now we were fair.

However, I didn't know my next move. I was growing tired with Eun's dismissals, and I knew I couldn't get what I wanted through love.

I had to find some other way.