18

Eun POV
Walking downstairs, I could hear them lightly chatting. It warmed my heart to feel their soft voices, sometimes giggling at something they found funny.

Now that my father was gone, I could really say that they were my only family. And it felt nice.

When I entered the living room, all of their eyes landed on me, worried. When I faintly smiled, they smiled back, relaxing their shoulders and going back to chatting.

They were all sitting, whether on the floor or on the couch, eating and talking. Chan shifted on the couch to make some space between him and Hyunjin, so I sat there.

They offered me food and random conversations to keep my mind off of what had happened, and, to be honest, it worked for a while.

- So what are we going to do now? - Changbin asked. All eyes were instantly on me.

My father was dead, meaning no missions would have been given to us. Worse, my father was dead, meaning that I would have been the one giving us missions.

My eyes widened at the realisation.

- W-well, since now I'm the one in charge... - many pairs of eyes widened with mine. - I suggest we go to Seoul. I need to get some things done. - They all nodded, waiting in silence for more. However, when I failed to provide that part, they had to squeeze the words out of my mouth.

- And then? - Minho asked. I was unsure of the following part, but I felt obliged to tell them. I feared they would have chickened out or called me crazy. I sighed.

- Then, we go after Seojoon's brother. - I saw them grinning, many nodding in approval. It looked like it was the only thing they wanted to hear.

Sighing in relief, I stood up from the couch.

- Let's go claim our place. - I had a smile plastered on my face. An evil smile of revenge.

We got in our minivans, driving through the woods as the sun had begun setting.

As usual, I was in the van with Jeongin and Hyunjin, and as usual the baby of the group had fallen asleep.

- Look at how cute he is. - I chuckled looking at Jeongin, whose head was falling on the side, leaning on the door.

Hyunjin looked at him through the rear view mirror, then chuckled as well.

- Do you want to move to the front? - he asked.

- If you don't mind... It's getting boring behind here. - I made my way to the passenger seat, accidentally hitting Hyunjin's chin in the process. - Oh my God, I'm so sorry Jinnie. - I touched his chin where I had hit him, just as he put his hand in that same place. - Uh, sorry, I didn't mean to. - I quickly put my hand away.

- What's up with the nickname? - he asked me, slightly smirking, still rubbing the spot where I had hit him.

- I'm sorry, I just heard Felix call you that while we were getting ready. - I chuckled. - You don't like it? - I looked at him, and by his expression you could totally see he liked it. No, he loved it.

- N-No, I actually like it. It's just weird to hear it from you... -

A few moments of silence went by. An awkward kind of silence which felt like it lasted ages.

- So... did you and Felix make it up? - I turned towards him.

His eyebrows furrowed.

- Yeah... but there's a bitter aftertaste, you know? - he looked at Jeongin through the mirror, checking if he was still asleep. He was. - There's something which he should tell you. -

I internally panicked. It could have been anything in this whole world, and my mind immediately went to the worst options.

- What is it? - I looked at him with doe eyes.

- I shouldn't be the one telling you, and I don't want to be the one telling you. I would rather eat shit than to say those words. -

I panicked even more. He must have noticed, because right after he felt the need to add something.

- But I wouldn't worry too much, it's not that big of a deal. - needless to say, he failed at comforting me.

Few minutes of silence passed by, which I spent fidgeting with my rings and looking out of the window. Hyunjin was focused on his driving, every once in a while glancing back at Jeongin or at me to check whether we were asleep or not.

I couldn't sleep, I kept on thinking about what that thing Felix had to tell me could be, but no answer seemed to satisfy me. In addition, another thing kept on bugging me.

- So you like me, huh? - I turned to him. Hyunjin almost choked on his own saliva, before turning to me with wide eyes, as if he were a child and his mother had caught him eating candies.

- W-what do you mean? - his face turned red with embarrassment, and the first thing he did was fidgeting with his rings, his gaze not averting from the road. He was so nervous he couldn't even look at me in the eyes.

- Yesterday you said it. You said that you've endangered the one person you love the most. - I thought I was right, if it wasn't for what he replied.

- No, I just like the sex. That's it. - His face turned back to that indecipherable look of his as he cleared his throat. No emotions, not any kind of reaction could be spotted through those eyes. His signature "madman" look.

I was confused. I expected him to like me, I was almost sure. He had to. What else would those blushes come from? Or his jealousy with Felix, love had to be the only reason. However, apparently, it was not.

- Oh... okay... Sorry. - I muttered so lowly that even I could barely hear it. Maybe I wanted him to like me, to be seen as something more. Maybe I was slowly falling too.

I blocked those thought out before they could develop into something dangerous. I kept on repeating to myself that I did not like Hyunjin that way, and that there could have never been something more.

Few minutes of awkward silence passed once again. This time, it was his turn to break it.

- Are you sad now? - He glanced at me. I met his eyes, and unknowingly started blushing. My body heated up, a cold sweat forming on my forehead.

- N-no, I just didn't expect this answer. I thought... Nevermind. - I sighed, adjusting my position so that I could sleep more comfortably. - I'm gonna sleep now. - I closed my eyes, forcing myself to sleep while he hummed in response.

It took me a lot of time to fall asleep. I had too much adrenaline in my body to be able to shut it down. However, I eventually managed to drift off.