31

Everybody was either playing cards or watching movies, relaxing and exhaling the tension which had built up during the past week.

I looked around the living room, noticing Hyunjin immersed in his heated game of poker with Changbin, Seungmin and Felix while Chan and Jeongin watched a movie. Well, Chan was actually sleeping on the couch, with Jeongin cutely wrapped around his legs as he watched the movie.

The absence of two people stuck out to me.

I stood up, checking the empty kitchen first, then going towards the stairs.

- Babe, where are you going? - Hyunjin asked with a slight pout.

- I need to rest, my head's hurting a bit. - I lied.

He flashed me a cute smile before going back to play with the others.

That gave me a green light to run up the stairs and find the missing pair.

I tiptoed through the hallway, finally reaching the room where three capital letters were engraved, spelling "HJS". I knocked, and when received no answer I opened the door and peered inside. It was completely empty, the bathroom as well.

I then moved on to the door right next to it, "LMH". There were no noises coming from inside, but when I knocked I could hear shuffling and whispers. Finally, the door opened, revealing a nervous Jisung.

- Oh, hi... - He flashed a nervous smile, gulping and looking at me as if I were a ghost. His cheeks were flushed, his lips slightly swollen and more pink than usual.

- Where's Minho? - I asked, my eyes looking past the boy's figure standing in front of me and analysing the room. The bed was a complete mess, clothes and shoes scattered everywhere. The only tidy things were the weapons, all perfectly aligned on the wall next to the bed.

- H-He's in the bathroom... - Jisung gulped. - Do you need anything? -

- Yes, actually. - I replied, making my way inside. I looked around some more, noticing an ashtray on the nightstand along with a small bottle of liquid lying on the floor next to the bed. Jisung noticed my gaze fixed on the object, immediately grabbing it and shoving it inside one of the drawers in a rush.

- I-I'm sorry, it's just that you know, Minho doesn't like when you look at his stuff. - He nervously chuckled. - What did you need? - He asked while sitting on the edge of the bed as he scanned the room, looking for anything else he should have hidden.

- I need to know that this thing between you two won't interfere with our missions. - I said, my gaze fixed on him. His wide, scared eyes met mine just as Minho came out of the bathroom.

- Hey, Eun. - He greeted me nonchalantly, standing in front of the bathroom door. - Sorry for the mess. Were you looking for anything? -

- How long has this been going on? - My finger went back and forth, pointing at Minho and Jisung. My expression and tone were serious, though I wasn't planning on scolding either of them.

The oldest sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed next to Jisung while massaging his temples. He reached to his back pocket, taking out a small packet of cigarettes, immediately lighting up one. I looked at him dumbfounded: I would have never thought Minho was the type to smoke. He inhaled deeply before blowing out a little cloud, avoiding my gaze.

I stood there silently as I waited for an answer.

- Nine months. - Minho said while looking at the floor.

My eyes widened. How could we have not noticed? They had been together for almost a whole year and we were all completely oblivious. They surely were good at hiding things.

- And you never told me? - He lifted his gaze in uncertainty, Jisung following suit. They both looked like they were afraid of my reaction, scanning my face to grasp any sort of emotion.

There were few moments of silence, during which all of us were thinking of what to say. In the end, I felt like I needed to explain myself.

- Look, I'm not mad. - They both raised their heads too look at me with a puzzled look. - I just need to know that this is not going to interfere with our missions. - I exhaled, shutting my eyes to ease the headache that was slowly starting to take control of my brain. - I don't want another episode like the one with Hyunjin. - I locked gaze with both of them in all seriousness. - Feelings stay out of missions. -

They both nodded, exhaling deeply as shy smiles crept on their faces.

- It won't interfere. Thank you. - Minho answered. Jisung blushed, leaning his body towards Minho and resting his head on the older's shoulder. I smiled at the cute sight.

- So are you guys a couple? - I asked. Minho quickly glanced at Jisung, faintly smiling before nodding. I couldn't help but let out a happy squeak. - You are so cute! - I said, making my way towards the door. - Anyway, I'll leave you two alone now. -

- Please don't tell the others anything. They don't know. - Jisung pleaded me with a feeble voice. I nodded, smiling and making my way out of the room.

As I closed the door, I could hear Jisung scolding Minho, saying something along the lines of "stop smoking, baby, I already told you how much I hate seeing you do that!".

I walked towards my room, plopping myself on the bed. I drank some water and took some medicine for my growing headache, resting for a while.

Only few minutes in, and someone knocked on the door.

- Yeah? - The door cracked open, revealing a shy Felix.

- Sorry, I hope I didn't wake you up. - I shook my head while sitting straight, inviting him to sit as well on the bed.

- Don't worry, I just took some medicine so I should be fine. - He smiled in return, fidgeting with his hands nervously.

- I... I wanted to apologise. - He said with a faint smile.

- For what? - I asked, still not quite understanding the reason behind his apology.

- For how I behaved. The sex, the flirting... - I cocked my head sideways, trying to get a glimpse of his facial expression. He looked sad and incredibly sorry.

- What do you mean? - I asked hesitantly.

- Please don't take it as an offence, it's not like I didn't like it or... - He sighed, facepalming embarrassed as he thought of the right way of saying it. - I was forced to. -

I stayed silent, more confused than ever. He lifted his gaze, looking at me directly in the eyes and trying to see any kind of reaction.

- I... Your father wanted me to. He thought you were not ready to run the organisation and wanted me to do it instead, but he knew that the rest of the organisation wanted you to be their leader. He knew my father's leader skills, and hoped I had inherited them, so he... - He inhaled deeply, trying to give some sense to this rant of his. - He showed me live footage of my parents' home in Australia, threatening of killing them if I didn't follow his orders. He said he wanted you to appoint me, and that I had to find a way. -

He looked at me with big, apologetic eyes.

- Who the fuck... - I started processing what he had just said, my confusion growing even more.

- It was his idea to "seduce you". - Felix said while raising his hands in defence and doing the quotation marks with his fingers. - A shitty idea, if you ask, but you understand that I had to comply to it. -

I kept my confused expression painted on my face as a few more moments of silence passed.

- Who the fuck comes up with such a shitty idea? - Felix bursted out laughing.