34

I was holding a picture of my father when I turned towards Hyunjin. He was looking at a picture of a family of four, each parent holding a newborn baby. His family.

- What was your sister's name? - I asked feebly, drawing soothing circles on his thigh with my thumb.

- Yeji. - He smiled nostalgically. - We were twins, though my mother always said she thought she was expecting only one girl. - He chuckled, trailing his finger on his mother's figure.

He suddenly stood up, walking to the kitchen with the picture in his hand. I saw him chat briefly with Felix's father, bowing and thanking him right after. As he walked back towards us, he put the picture in his jacket's pocket, a shy, happy smile plastered on his face.

- He said I can keep it. - He said as he sat back next to me. He wasn't showing it, but I knew he was the happiest man on Earth.

- Guys, in ten minutes dinner will be ready! - Felix's mother announced while entering the living room.

We all thanked her, standing up to help them set the table. She happily watched us as we formed a long assembly line, passing the dishes, glasses and the chopsticks to Changbin, Felix and Seungmin, who were tidily putting them on the table.

- So how long were you guys together as a squad for? - Chan asked while chomping on his ramyeon.

- For about fifteen years, I think... We met when I was 15, then I had Felix when I was 26, then the whole mess with Seojoon happened four or five years later... So yeah, about fifteen years. - He said casually. To him death seemed distant or, rather, a regular occurrence. It was for all of us, but for him the loss of close friends was even more normal than for us.

- And how about our mothers? You said they were good at fighting. - Jeongin asked while showing his foxy smile.

- Yeah, they both were really good. I don't think I've ever put yours to the ground. - Felix's father chuckled.

- And how were the rest of our mothers? - Changbin asked.

Felix's father sighed.

- I didn't get to know all of them, unfortunately. I only met yours, Eun's and Hyunjin's. And I never got to meet Chan's and Jeongin's fathers, they disappeared into thin air as they got the news they were going to have children. - He sighed, a sad expression painted on his face.

We all stayed silent for a while.

It was normal, in a way, that most of us never had a proper family. For what I knew, many women in our organisation were prostitutes or used to be ones, while men most of the time were drug dealers or criminals of all sorts. In these conditions, it was obvious no normal family could come out of it.

We thanked Felix's family for the hundredth time that night as we made our way out of the house.

We were waiting for our taxis to go back to our hotel, chatting casually.

I took out the picture of our parents Felix's father had showed us at the beginning of the night, admiring it. He had agreed to let each one of us choose one picture to bring back home, and I had chosen that one.

- We should recreate this picture. - I said, an amused smirk spreading across my face.

The others turned towards me, nodding happily in agreement. However, Changbin furrowed his brows.

- Yes, but I am not carrying Jeongin. - He warned, entering the taxi.

After two whole weeks in Australia, we were finally back home. It's not that I didn't like Australia, but I had started to miss the feeling of constantly being surrounded by weapons, the adrenaline of missions and our wonderful house in the woods of Wonju.

However, right after coming back we were in Seoul. We all had decided to run the organisation together, following Felix's father advice, leaving BTS to do what they were best at: handling the most difficult missions.

We were spread throughout the living room, munching on some snack as we watched a movie. Just as the end credits appeared on the screen, Jisung and Minho hesitantly stood up, fidgeting with their hands in nervousness.

- Guys... - Jisung spoke feebly.

All our attention went towards the two, who were awkwardly standing in the middle of the room.

- We have to tell you something. - Minho continued.

I smirked, knowing what was coming.

- Do we need to worry? - Chan asked, his eyes already wide, eyebrows furrowed.

- N-No, it's just something that we feel like we should say. - Jisung cleared his throat. We remained silent, tension filling up the room.

- Jisung and I... - Everybody silently gasped before Minho could even finish his sentence. - We've been together for a year now. - Minho exhaled, relieved for having let go of such a burden.

Everybody was silent, their mouths agape as they looked at the couple.

- W-We hope this won't change how you see us, or... - Jisung fought back his tears, sniffling. Minho put a reassuring hand on his back, helping him steady his breaths.

Felix immediately stood up to hug Jisung tightly, who in return let his tears fall free on the Aussie's shoulder. Soon after, everybody followed suit, forming a big group hug in the middle of the room.

- Nothing will change. - Chan spoke as he gently petted Jisung's hair.

- Thank you. - Jisung smiled as he wiped away his tears, going to peck Minho on his cheek. The older swung his arm over the squirrel boy's shoulder, dragging him close.

- How the fuck did you manage to keep it a secret? - Jeongin suddenly said, making everybody laugh.

- Well... - Minho spoke. - ...you were all too concentrated on these two... - He pointed at Hyunjin and me. - ...that you didn't even notice our flirty behaviour and how we would sometimes disappear. - He giggled, quite amused by the whole situation.

We spent the rest of the night complimenting them by saying they were a cute couple, asking them questions and very much enjoying making them flustered and embarrassed.