6

- How dare you do this to me? You knew it! - it was Hyunjin's voice, echoing in the staircase.

- You were too slow, Jinnie - that was Felix.

I peeked from the corner, seeing that both of them had their guns out, pointed at each other. Another second, and maybe they would have shot their last shot.

- What the fuck is wrong with you guys? - I stared at them both, holding my gun up.

- E-eun - Hyunjin was looking at me. They both put their guns away, looking at each other with pure hatred. Felix left immediately, leaving me to question Hyunjin.

- What happened? - I asked in a serious tone

- Nothing, just some disagreement - he shrugged it off, turning to go downstairs.

- Gunshots are not for just disagreements, Hyunjin - he stopped, then glanced back at me. Only then I noticed his eyes were red.

- I know, I am sorry - and with that, he left.

I remained there, puzzled, my gun still raised. I didn't know what to think.

Hyunjin POV

Eun had just left the target practice room with Ari and I wanted to follow her, just to make sure she was okay.

- Don't, Hyunjin. It wouldn't change anything. Let her have some time alone - Chan was holding his hand on my shoulder, keeping me from running after her.

I turned towards all the others, only to see that it was almost as time had frozen: no one was moving nor making a sound. I took my gun out and pointed it at the ceiling, shooting a single bullet.

- Back to practice, everyone - I sent a hateful look at Changbin, then went back to teaching the kids. I was hoping this would at least keep my mind away from her, but it didn't.

We went out of the room after the trainees had left, and we all parted ways. Minho followed me, knowing where I was going.

- I won't be able to see her like that, please talk to her for me. Make sure she's ok - I asked him, who just nodded.

We spent the rest of the walk to Room 3 in silence. My mind was somewhere else, thinking about her mental state. I really cared about Eun, to the point which I could not see anyone being mean to her. I would have shot dead Changbin right there, in front of the kids, if only he had tried to hurt her back.

Before I knew it, we were in front of her door and Minho had just knocked, but received no answer. I signalled him to enter anyway, so he did. He went in, and I could hear the whole conversation. I sighed when I heard her low voice tone, it demolished the last bit of happiness I had left for that day.

- What's that? - Minho's question brought my attention back to their conversation

- Nothing, I got hurt while unloading the guns yesterday - she did not sound sincere at all.

As Minho exited the room, I looked at him, waiting for him to tell me how she was.

- She's fine, she just needs some time. Seeing that girl must have been hard for her - I nodded in agreement, looking at the floor.

- What was that thing you pointed out? -

- What do you mean? -

- You asked her "what's that" - I looked at him, as he understood what I meant.

- She had something, like a small bruise, right here - he pointed at his collarbone, right under his neck. I froze in place. - You good? -

- Y-yeah, I just need to do something - I said as I started running away.

I need to find that asshole.

I started walking down the stairs towards the cafeteria, when I bumped into him.

- Felix - my tone was grave, as I gritted my teeth.

I knew what he had done last night. He had left the room tiptoeing, and I heard the sounds coming from Eun's room. He had come back after a long time and, when I asked him where he went, he said he didn't really feel tired, so he had gone for a walk. Bullshit. His hair was messy and he had few scratches on his back, not to talk of the sweat dripping from his forehead.

- What's up? - his eyes showed no guilt.

- How dare you! - I hissed, looking right at him. He casually walked past me, going upstairs towards our rooms.

- I just did what you were too scared to do - he continued walking, not even looking back at me.

- You don't even love her! - I shouted, as I took my gun out and shot a bullet, aimed right above his shoulder.

With that he turned, immediately pulling out his gun, pointing at my head.

- Who told you so? - he smirked, making me want to slit his throat open - you missed your opportunity, Hyunjin. Sorry about that -

- How dare you do this to me? You knew it! - my voice broke, as I felt tears forming in my eyes.

- You were too slow, Jinnie - just as I was about to pull the trigger, Eun appeared right behind Felix, holding her gun up.

- What the fuck is wrong with you guys? - I looked at her, so tired and fragile, making my heart skip a beat. However, when I noticed her hickey, all the anger returned. I couldn't manage to say anything for how broken I was.

- E-eun - was all I managed to say. Felix left, and I could not stand being with Eun alone, after knowing what had happened between her and Felix last night. I thought of some excuses to get out of there as soon as possible, trying to sound casual, then apologised.

I ran downstairs, hoping to come across some place where I could find some peace and relief. I walked to Mr. Park Byung-ho's office, hoping he would have some good news for me. I knocked, then entered.

- Good afternoon, Mr. Park - I said, as he turned towards me, smiling.

- Hyunjin, it has been a while since we have seen each other alone - I nodded, as he lit up a cigar, the horrible smell of tobacco filling the room. I held back the need to cough.
- Tell me, young man, what are you here for? -

- I was hoping you had some people to interrogate, and eventually kill - I smirked at the idea of doing what I could do best. He smirked back.

- Underground floor. Ask for Lisa, she'll lead you to them. We got four - he leaned towards me on the table - have fun, Hyunjin -

- Thank you, sir - I bowed, then exited the room silently.

I could not help but smirk, as I took out of my pocket a lollypop and unwrapped it, tasting its strawberry flavour.

Let's go have some fun.