29

I turned towards Sehun. He was lying lifeless on the floor, his gun still in his hand, pointed towards us.

- No, no, no... - Changbin was frantically trying to remove Chan's clothes to get to the wound, mumbling curse words.

Just at that moment, BTS rushed towards us from the buildings. Changbin was panicking, dabbing the wound with some piece of cloth.

- J-Jungkook, do something! - He screamed at the taller, his eyes teary.

Jungkook was too shook to do anything. He had spent all of his days with Chan ever since our two groups had met, and seeing him fighting for his life had him shook. He snapped back with Changbin's screams, kneeling next to Chan and examining the wound closely for a bit before standing up.

- Take him to our van, I have the equipment there. -

Changbin and Jisung carefully lifted him, rushing towards the cars. I turned towards Eun, who was holding onto me in order to stand. She was crying silently, biting her lip to avoid bawling.

- I-I'm s-so sorry... It's all my fault. - Seeing her remorseful eyes broke me, but it broke me even more when I realised that it was truly only my fault. I had put her life in danger, and for a whole week my heart had stopped beating, thinking that she could have been dead.

- It's not, Eun, don't say this. - I looked at her in the eyes, trying to comfort her as much as I could. - Now let's go, Chan needs us. - I picked her up as gently as I could, though I could hear her whimper in pain from time to time.

I carefully placed her on her seat before giving her my leather jacket to keep her warm. Even though it was mid-August, she kept on shivering from how malnourished she was. With a peck on her forehead, I left her there, rushing towards the van where Chan was battling for his life.

His body was contorting due to the pain, as he kept on panting, screams coming out of his mouth. Jungkook was working to remove the bullet as Namjoon and Changbin held his arms still.

- The bullet almost perforated the lungs. - Jungkook was speaking frantically. He took out the small bullet, all covered in blood, dropping it on the floor before dabbing the wound once again.

Chan was still in unstable conditions, so we needed to rush back to the house in Wonju to properly treat him.

As everybody else prepared the vans and put back all the weapons, I took my time to examine Sehun's body. By now, it was lukewarm to the touch, and the blood around him had begun drying.

I offered the most disgusted look I could have ever given to anybody before taking out my gun and shoving a bullet right in the middle of his forehead. It cracked the skull open, pieces of brain splattering around. It was disgusting, especially knowing it was his. "This is for my family", I thought.

Another bullet in the lungs. "This is for Chan".

I shot one last bullet at his heart, no drops of blood coming out of the wound. "And this is for her".

- Hyunjin, hurry! - Yoongi shouted from the vans, bringing me back to reality.

I rushed back and quickly got into the driving seat, immediately speeding off towards our old house. All the others followed suit.

In the van driven by Chanbgin, there were Jungkook and Namjoon trying to cure Chan and keep him as stable as possible. They had already given him painkillers, but I could hear all of his screams every time I tried to communicate with Changbin to get updates on his conditions.

After a while of Chan's screams in my ears, I decided it was useless to get updates until we would have gotten to the house, so I turned the in-ears off and enjoyed the silence of our car.

They were all sleeping: Jeongin, Jimin and Eun. I smiled as I saw she was finally back in her seat.

My hand unknowingly went to brush her thigh, startling her. She was ready to fight back, her fists already in the air ready to swing. Her eyes got teary.

- I-I'm sorry, I-I thought it was them. - As she said it, my heart completely shattered.

- It's okay. - I inhaled sharply, my breath becoming unsteady. - I'm sorry you had to go through this, Eun. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. - My voice cracked, but I fought back the tears so that I could still see the road properly.

Her hand rested over mine on her thigh, her thumb brushing gentle strokes on my knuckles. Her touch was all I needed.

- I'm so happy you're back. - I faintly smiled at her and she smiled back.

It takes so little for her to warm my heart, and that is the reason I love her. She could just smile for few seconds and all of my worries would vanish instantly, my heart would be at peace.

Her fingers played with my rings for the rest of the trip, analysing all of their features and trying them on. I could tell she liked one in particular, a silver one which had engraved "Stay" on it, written in capital bold letters. It was my favourite too.

When we arrived at the house, we rushed inside, setting up an improvised surgery table on the kitchen counter. Changbin assisted Jungkook in all of his actions, cleaning the wound and telling warm words to Chan, praising him for holding on so well. Minho stayed by Chan's side the whole time as well, holding his hand so that he could squeeze it to relieve the pain.

A hour later they were done, and Chan was able to breathe again without screaming in pain, even though he needed assistance while walking and was highly sedated by painkillers.

The sun was setting as we finished cleaning the kitchen and we started eating in the living room. Eun was sitting on the couch right next to me, devouring her food as if she hadn't seen any the whole week. She probably hadn't, so I also offered her mine, and she ate it as well.

We casually chatted to lift the mood after the eventful day, as my hand brushed Eun's shoulder in reassurance for the whole time. I wanted to make her forget whatever had happened to her in Itaewon, though I was aware it was impossible. Nonetheless, I wanted her to know that she was safe.

- We should probably go back to Seoul now. - Taehyung stated standing up, making everybody whine in disappointment.

- Why don't you stay here? - Eun talked for the first time ever since we had set foot in the house, so everybody looked at her, shook. - I-I mean, we have enough space for you guys... Also, I would feel safer... -

- If it's not a problem for you, we would gladly accept the offer. - Seokjin replied, earning thumbs up from Namjoon. I could see Eun smile, warming my heart.

After eating, we all went to our rooms. I was supposed to sleep with Changbin, but Eun had gripped onto my shirt, making it clear she didn't want to be separated from me. Therefore, we ended up sleeping in my room, Jisung and Minho sleeping in the room right across the hallway, Jeongin and Seungmin in the one next to ours. Chan slept in a room by himself to avoid further damaging the wound by sharing a bed with somebody else, while Jungkook had ensured us he would have woken up every once in a while to check on him. We were all thankful to him for having saved him.

- Jinnie, come here. - I blushed at the nickname. Only God knows how much I've missed her voice saying it.

I chuckled, laying on the bed right next to her. However, I furrowed soon after, seeing her wounded eyebrow and the purple bruise on her chin. I had noticed them in the car ride, but they seemed bigger and more painful from up close.

My index caressed those spots, my mouth leaving gentle pecks on them after.

- T-Thank you. - She blushed, hiding her face in my chest. I chuckled at her cuteness once again, engulfing her in a warm hug.

- Goodnight, baby. -

- Goodnight, Jinnie. -