33

- You have the same smile as your father, Jisung. I bet you get it a lot. - Felix's father grinned lovingly as he looked at the boy.

We almost chocked on our drinks, all our faces going pale. Felix's father scanned the room with a dumbfounded look.

- He didn't tell you? -

- Didn't tell us what? - Chan spoke feebly, almost scared of the answer.

- Byung-Ho, your parents and I were in the same squad... He never told you? - He looked shocked, while our faces remained pale, our mouths wide open at the information.

We slowly shook our heads no.

- We were best mates, we would run the organization together while completing missions. But then one operation went quite badly, and your parents... - He pointed at Seungmin and Jisung. - ....were killed a few months after you were born. We tried getting revenge by killing some of the other gang's members, but it only made it worse. - He sighed heavily. - Seojoon went after every single one of us, only Byung-Ho and I survived. I managed to get my revenge a few years ago by killing his father, but it wasn't of much use... -

His gaze went to the floor, his hands wrapping around the cup of tea in search for some warmth. His voice was low and full of pain, though he tried to mask it by forcefully smiling.

Felix's mother stood to put an arm around his shoulders in comfort, gently stroking her husband's back.

The room was dead silent.

We were all staring at the floor, most of us trying to hold their tears back.

I could see Chan's watery eyes, his eyebrows furrowing in pain, probably both physical and emotional.

Jisung was nervously bouncing his leg, his gaze fixed on the coffee table right in front of him as he silently sniffled. Minho was drawing circles on Jisung's back to calm him down, all of his attention to the younger.

Seungmin was shakily sighing as he fidgeted with the teaspoon, while Changbin sat completely still, frozen on the spot as he stared at Felix's father.

Jeongin sat right next to Changbin on the couch, wiping away his tears which were slowly falling on his rosy cheeks.

Felix was looking at the floor, his eyes glistened with hints of guilt in them. He was the only one of us whose parents were still alive.

Hyunjin wrapped his arm around my waist, scooting closer to me. I rested my head on his shoulder without even looking at him, too lost in my thoughts. I felt a couple of wet drops fall on me from above, then run down my face. Hyunjin was crying.

I didn't look at him, I just hugged him tightly as if I never wanted to let him go.

- Can you tell us more about them? - Changbin spoke in a soft voice, which cracked at the end. He had told us a few things he remembered about his parents in the past, but nothing too detailed. He had said he was five when he last saw them, and that he barely remembered their faces.

Felix's father slowly raised his head, a shy smile appearing on his face as he nodded.

- I'll be back. - He gently placed his cup on the coffee table, standing slowly and leaving the room immediately after.

Not even a minute later, and he was back. He was holding a little blue box with both hands, a little nostalgic smile plastered on his face.

He sat back on the chair he was previously sitting on, carefully placing the box on the coffee table.

- Here are all the memories I have left of them. - He lifted the lid, revealing hundreds of pictures yellowed by time.

We all scooted closer to him as he took a few out, laying them down on the table for us to see. They were mostly pictures of them happily holding guns or smoking while sitting at a bar. Apparently, almost all of our parents smoked at the time.

Many pictures were of Felix's family, the three of them hanging out in different places. Baby Felix was so cute I had to refrain myself from squealing every time I saw his cute baby face.

- This is from the first month we were put together as a squad. - Felix's father said as he took out a group picture of eight people, all aligned against a wall as they showcased their weapons or muscles with bright smiles.

- Who are the women? - Chan asked, noticing two fierce and incredibly beautiful women in the shot.

- Yours and Jeongin's mother. - Felix's father casually said.

Chan almost choked, his mouth dropping as Jeongin shot out of his seat to grab the picture.

- W-Wh-What do you mean? - Chan spoke, his eyes wide.

- Out best fighters. They could put Byung-Ho to the ground in a second. - He chuckled, gently taking back the picture from Jeongin's grasp, who was still frozen on the spot with his mouth agape.

He started pointing out to each and every one of our parents.

Chan's mother, a short but well-built woman, who in the picture was proudly showcasing her arm's muscles;

Seungmin's father, a tall, slim man with a piercing gaze and an addictive smile, who was laughing at Chan's mother proud pose;

My father, who was way thinner than I remembered, and was pointing a gun at the camera as he smoked his cigar with a threatening expression;

Changbin's father, a short but incredibly muscly man, who was holding a dagger in his mouth as he gave Jeongin's mother, a tall and charming woman with the same foxy eyes as Jeongin, a piggyback ride;

Minho's father was grinning from ear to ear as he proudly showcased his rifle, a cigarette stuck between his left hand's fingers.

Felix's father was holding a rifle on one hand while doing a peace sign on the other (how funny the contradiction).

Next to him, Hyunjin's father was standing still, wearing black sunglasses and a long leather coat as he calmly smoked a cigarette.

- Hyunjin, you look just like your father! - Seungmin pointed out, his laugh followed by that of the rest of us.

He was not wrong: the same emotionless expression, the same indifference to whatever happened around him, the same blonde-dyed hair. The only difference, which I was very glad for, was the smoke addiction. Luckily, Hyunjin was only addicted to his lollipops.

I turned to him. He was smirking while looking at his father's figure, a nostalgic smile creeping up his face.

- My wife and I will go cook dinner now. I'll leave the pictures out if you want to look some more at them. - Felix's father stood up from his chair, followed by his wife, going directly towards the kitchen.

We thanked him, all of us immediately going to grab some pictures out of the box.