Chapter 1

***
I decided to give a link here too. To one of my new videos. This one is about our Kili! I did the edit myself. Edit has nothing to do with the story I wrote. So please don't worry. I made it to the original story.
Feel free to watch🤭🤗
***

When we got to the Shire, it was already dark. We were very tired and hungry, but Gandalf assured us that the food would be there. However, we didn't go with the whole Company to Bilbo, we divided into groups. I walked with Kili and Fili. We talked along the way about what could happen to us, what our burglar would be like, and what would be to eat. All I knew about the hobbits was that they were slightly smaller than us, dwarves, and that they had feet so big that they couldn't wear shoes. In addition, they're very hospitable. But I didn't know how the hobbit might react, to whom a Company of fourteen dwarves would come, along with me, plus a wizard.

"Ohh... " My thoughts were interrupted by Kili.

"What happened?" Fili asked.

"Look at my shoes. " Kili replied. "They're all in the mud. "

"Come on. " I interjected. "You'll be fine, prince. " I smiled.

"Exactly. " Fili laughed. "And besides, every decent dwarf should have a doormat in front of the house, so... " He added shrugging his shoulders.

Kili looked at his brother with a surprised expression.

"But he's not a dwarf. " He noted.

At the sight of their mines, I started laughing. I stopped between them, took Kili and Fili by the arms and dragged them on their way.

Boys are really funny and sometimes quite unbearable. But it's impossible not to like them anyway. I've known them since I was a kid, they're very important to me, just like Thorin. For all these years, they have been my family. We also do great in combat, just like the rest of our Company. Kili wields a sword very well and shoots a bow perfectly. Me the same. Thorin taught me sword fighting and Kili taught me how to shoot a bow. In addition, Fili taught me how to outwit the enemy, which has been useful to me recently. The last time I practiced with Kili, I managed to outwit him. He knocked me over and enjoyed the win until I put his leg up and he fell over himself. He immediately passed grumpy and looked at me with a begging look to leave the dagger I was holding to his throat. Together with Fili, we had a moment to make fun of him for losing to a girl. Kili was angry with us for plotting against him, but it passed him as quickly as it appeared.

Boys are brothers, but they differ a bit in appearance. Kili is a brunette. He is taller than me by the forehead, has brown eyes, shoulder-length hair, which he has slightly fastened at the back of his head and delicate stubble on his chin. Fili, on the other hand, is blond. His height is the same as Kili's, he has gray eyes, shoulder-length hair and he has braids on them here and there. And like his brother, he has a delicate beard on his chin.

***

Shire is quite large. It was night, but you could still see the meadows and hills where the hobbits' houses were. We would probably wander there for hours if not the sign on the door that Gandalf left there.

"See?" Kili looked at Fili. "There is no doormat. " Added, glancing at me, to which I only rolled my eyes.

"How can it be? " Fili added, shaking his head.

"Okay, guys. " I sighed. "Just be nice. "

Kili smiled goofisely.

"Sure, nice. " Added and winked at me.

I'll admit that I couldn't help but smile.

"Ready? " Fili asked.

"Yes. " Kili and I replied.