Chapter 9

We descended from the mountain and set off on a further journey. We hoped that at least for a moment we would have peace and orcs wouldn't chase us, but it was completely different. I don't know how they found us, but they found us and started chasing us. It was only after a long time that we managed to hide from them. Thorin sent Bilbo to scout, and we had to wait for him to come back. I was glad that Oakenshield finally trusted our burglar and that they finally started getting along. They seem to have had more in common than they thought. After a few moments our Mr. Baggins came back,running towards us scared the sparrows sitting next to us on the tree.

"How close is the pack? " Thorin asked.

"Too close. " Hobbit exhaled. "A couple of leagues, no more. But that's not the worst of it. "

"Or could there be something worse? " I asked.

"Oh,yes. And it's much, much, much worse. "

"Have the wargs picked up our scent? " Dwalin asked.

"Not yet. But they'll do. We have another problem " Baggins said quickly.

"Did they see you? They saw you. " Gandalf guessed.

"No, that's not it. "

"What did I tell you? " Wizard said with a smile. They still didn't let hobbit come to the word. " Quiet as a mouse. Excellent burglar material. "

"Silence! " I shouted and everyone looked at me. "Let him finish. " I explained.

"Thank you. " Bilbo said and continued. "I'm trying to tell you there is something else out there. "

"What form did it take? " Gandalf asked with seriousness in his voice.

Bilbo wanted to answer him, but Wizard simply answered himself.

"Like a bear? " He guessed it.

"Ye- yes. " Baggins confirmed with surprise. "Yes, but bigger. Much bigger. "

"You knew about this beast? " Bofur asked, but Gandalf didn't react.

Dwarves began arguing about what we should do, but they stopped as soon as they started, because Gandalf said he had a plan.

He said that there was a house nearby where we could probably find shelter. The owner of the house was supposed to help us or kill us. Yeah, I'm not going to say it very encouraging. But well, we had no other choice. We could stay here and wait for this creature or a whole bunch of orcs to catch up with us, or even try to save ourselves. We chose the latter option.

We ran after our Wizard, and in the distance we could hear the howl of wargs. They were getting closer. When we ran out of the forest, we could also hear the roar of a bear. Gandalf chased us every now and then told us to run to the house, which was on the other side of the clearing. We ran as fast as we could. Bombur himself, who is not usually such a sprinter, overtook us and ran first, and when he reached the house he hit his head on the door and fell. Kili and Fili tried to open them, but they didn't do well.

"It don't want to open up! " Kili shouted.

"What now?! " Fili shouted.

They panicked.

"Or maybe you would move the deadbolt away like that? " I approached them and opened the door.

They looked at me with their eyes wide open and probably would still look like that, but I grabbed both of them by the hands and dragged them inside. I turned around and saw the rest of the Company wrestling around the door. The big, black bear didn't give up and wanted to get inside, but fortunately he didn't succeed. I breathed a sigh of relief and looked at Gandalf.