Epilogue part 1

Today is a big day. Thorin's coronation. Almost everything was ready, the food and other details.

Today we only have decorative ribbons to hang. Tauriel and Legolas took care of the right side and I took care of the left side. I was just trying to fail the first part, but I was too short for which I only sighed. Suddenly I felt someone's hand reaching for the ribbon that I was holding, and after a while it was already suspended. I already knew who it was. I turned to smile at him.

"Thank you. " I smiled.

"At your service. " Kili replied with a smile. "Manners? At the dwarves? " He asked at which I laughed.

"Bilbo taught me. " I smiled innocently and stole a light kiss from him and then I went for the second ribbon.

"You know, maybe I'll help you. "

"You know..." I turned to him. "I won't refuse. " I added and brunet smiled broadly, took the ribbon from me and kissed my cheek.

Now he was hanging them, and I was just telling him if they were hanging up correctly.

***

The coronation will begin in a few minutes. I wore a long blue silk dress with long silver earrings and a medallion from my parents. The very thought of them made me feel like crying.

"No. " I said to myself. "Not today. There'll be no tears today. "

"Good resolution. " I heard Tauriel's voice behind me, and I only smiled at it.

I smiled and made sure my hair was pinned up well. Tauriel putted my hairpins in my hair, which she thought emphasized the color of my eyes even more. Just like my dress.

During these last weeks we became very close and became friends. Honestly, I never thought that I would have an elf as a friend.

Tauriel wore a beautiful green dress. The shoulder straps were made in the shape of leaves, as was the belt around her waist. She had star-shaped earrings and one ring on each hand.

"Ready? " She asked.

"Ready. " I replied.

We went downstairs to the throne room and passed an elf, humans and dwarves on the way. Each of them received an invitation to this ceremony. Peace finally came and we wanted to stay on good terms with them. Most of the people who passed us, bowed low before us. I understood it might be Tauriel - who was now, you could call it a princess, because she was in a relationship with Legolas - but me? After all, I was no one important. Unless they thought I was Thorin's daughter, whom I had actually become.

We came to the door from the throne room, which two guards opened after a while. We went inside and went to the indicated places. I glanced at Kli, who was standing next to the king's throne. Dwarf winked at me, seeing that I couldn't help but smile. After a few moments, Dain announced Thorin's arrival, and a welcome melody sounded. Thorin was walking through the center in royal robes, and whom he passed was bowed before him. When he saw me in the front row he smiled warmly, which of course I reciprocated.

He stood in front of the throne, and as Gandalf approached him, dwarf knelt on one knee. Gandalf was to crown him.

"Thorin, son of Thrain..." Wizard began. "You showed incredible courage, wisdom and nobility. You regained Erebor and defeated the Pale Orc who invaded these lands. You are the heir to the throne, therefore: Do you swear to guard this kingdom and its subjects? "

"I swear. " Thorin replied.

"Do you swear to defend the peace? " Wzard asked again.

"I swear. " He repeated.