Chapter 19

***

"Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knocks, and the setting sun with the last light of Durin's Day will shine upon the key-hole."

***

Kili was much worse than I thought. We went back to the City to look for help and on the way we came across Bofur, who, as it turned out later, overslept. We had to support Kili with Fili so that he would not fall, he was very weak. He could barely stand on his feet.

First, we sought help from the ruler.

"Please. We need your help. " Fili pleaded. "My brother is sick. "

"Sick?! I sit infectious?! " Master exclaimed terrified. "Get back. Alfrid, Alfrid... Don't let them come any closer. " He turned to Alfrid.

"Please. " Oin said. "We need medicine. "

"Do I look like an apothecary? " Alfrid mocked us. "Haven't we Niven you enough? The master's busy man. He hasn't got time to worry about sick dwarves. Be gone with you. Go on. Clear off. "

I knew they were mean, but that they were so?

"You fat, snotty slow worm. " I said, and Alfird and their lord all looked at me. "You..." I started, but didn't finish because Fili stopped me. The ruler and Alfrid stared at me with their mouths open and didn't know much how to behave. Only after a while the fat man spoke up.

"Did she just insult me? " Master asked, but still nothing could reach him. When he realized what was going on, we were no longer there.

At that point, I wanted to get them everything and maybe I would say way too much, but Fili stopped me. Maybe even better, because I could only make our situation worse.

We didn't know where to go, we don't know anyone here except one person. Bard, he's our only hope.

"No. " Archer said immediately when he saw us in the doorway. "I'm done with dwarves. Go away. " He added and tried to close the door, but Bofur stopped him.

"No, no... No! Please. " He begged. "No one will help us. Kili's sick."

Bard tried to close the door again, but this time I stopped him.

"Bard, I'm begging you... " I pleaded with tears in my eyes. "Kili's sick. He's very sick. " Man looked into my eyes for a moment and then let us inside. Fortunately.

We put Kili on the bed. Dwarf had a high fever and, in addition, the wound showed gray signs of itself. Dwarf screamed in pain. We tried to do something but nothing helped. Herbs were needed to bring down the feler. We needed kingsfoil. Bard said it's the weed the pigs feed.

"Right. " Bofur called. "Don't move. " He turned to Kili and ran for the herb. Brunet only nodded his head, after all, he wouldn't be able to move.

Dwarf squirmed and still groaned in pain.

"We need to calm him down somehow. " Bard said.

Fili had tried it before, but it was to no avail. Oin wanted to give Kili some water, but he knocked it off him. I ran quickly to brunet and took his face in my hands.

"Shhhh..." I tried to calm him down. "Kili look at me... You hear me? Look at me. " After a few moments, dwarf complied with my request. "Everything will be fine, I promise you. You have to hold on, just a little longer... " I said and I stroked his cheeks gently with my hands.

Kili listened to my voice and calmed down a bit after a while. I ran my hand through his hair, then sat down next to him on the bed and began to apply cold compresses to his forehead.

"Lia..." Kili whispered.

"I'm with you..." I said. "Everything will be fine. "

* THORIN *

I could have guessed Malia wouldn't leave Kili. They were close to each other from the very beginning, and after that they became even closer to each other. Of course, it didn't bother me at all. I was glad that Kili finally met someone. Someone who can understand and support him. Of course, except for Fili, because the brothers understood each other perfectly and could always count on each other. That's how it is with Malia now. Thanks to her, Kili has changed for the better. When he was still little, he was terribly upset, and since he met her he has changed a lot. Fili with the rest, too, but Fili and Malia are more like brother and sister to each other. However, the feeling that connects Kili with Malia is completely different. You can see that they're in love with each other, but perhaps they have not noticed it themselves yet. The girl also changed in their presence. She suffered a lot after the death of her parents,

I was hoping that Kili would recover quickly and then the rest would come back to us.

After a long time, we finally got there. Even so, getting in was still causing us a lot of trouble. It wasn't without major difficulties.