Chapter 12

I stood and watched it all, still couldn't believe it. Only now it dawned on me that this little girl was me. Dad picked me up and we turned around together.

"What, my little flower? Are we going? " He said, his voice echoing in my head.

"Yes! " My younger version of me called out.

They walked by without paying any attention to me.

"Dad? " I called after him. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. "Dad, I'm here! " I called, hoping he could hear me. But he didn't.

He walked on, holding my younger version by the hand. The girl jumped and laughed, while the older me couldn't help but cry. I missed him so badly. It would be a dream to see him again, hug him and hear him call me his flower. I followed them until they stopped. Dad crouched down next to me and said:

"Flower, you must promise me something ..." He began. "Promise me please... Promise me that if anything happens... You'll never give up. Okay? Promise you'll fight and... "

"But what's wrong could happen, dad?" I asked.

Dad looked at me. I stood right next to my younger version and crouched down beside them so that I could meet his eyes. I saw in them fear, sadness and hope, but also the love he had for his daughter. I couldn't contain my tears. I lowered my head sadly.

"Don't cry, flower. " He said, and I looked at him in surprise.

My younger version disappeared and I was in her place.

"Everything will be fine you'll see. " He said.

"You see me? " I asked through my tears.

"Of course. " Dad replied. "You grew up. " Said with a smile. " You have mom's eyes and smile, you know? "

"Really? "

"Yes. But you have my character. " He said with a smile on his face. "Together with mom we watch over you, little flower. And Thorin did a great job. You're like a daughter to him. "

"And he's like a father to me..." I said through tears. "But, dad ... I miss you so much, you and mom... I wish... "

"I know, my little flower. " Man replied and straightened a lock of my hair. "But remember, we're always there for you. Always... "

I just smiled. There was so much I wanted to tell him, but I knew I didn't have much time. I didn't even know what to do, to get out of this stupid forest. I don't even know where I am now or where the others are.

"You can do it, flower. " Said as if he was reading my mind. "You're stronger than you think. You just have to believe in yourself. "

"I... I can't, dad. You're wrong, I'm not as strong as you... "

"No. " He said after a few moments. "You're stronger. " Added with a smile and then stood up. "You have to go now. The others need you. "

"Dad..." I called when he wanted to go. "I... I have so much more to tell you and... "

"I know, flower. But don't worry... There'll be time for that. " He smiled and slowly moved forward.

"Dad! " I called and he turned. A moment later a second figure appeared to his right. It was my mom. I couldn't believe that. I hadn't seen them in so long, I missed them so much. "I love you..." I said, and I felt more tears running down my cheeks.

"And we love you too, flower. " Dad replied.

"We love you the most in the world. " Mom added. "Remember that..." She smiled and took dad's hand.

They both looked at me once more, then turned and started walking. I didn't want them to leave. I lost them once...

"Wait!! " I called and ran after them, but they were gone. "Dad! Mom! " I called through my tears.

"Lia!! " I heard a scream and I felt someone grab my waist and pull me to him. I screamed and tried to break free from the hug, but it was to no avail. "Lia! It's okay, it's me, it's me... Kili... " Brunet tried to calm me down.

"Let me go! " I shouted. "I have to... "

"You're not going anywhere. " Dwarf protested. "One more step and you'd fall off the cliff! "

I looked at him, and then at the place where I was just a moment ago. In fact, I was close to falling off a cliff. I haven't seen it at all.

I looked around at the rest of the Company. My parents disappeared ...

I looked confused at Kli again.

"It's okay... " He said softly and straightened a lock of my hair. "I'm with you. " Added and wiped my tears away. I looked him in the eye for a moment, but then I couldn't stand it and hugged him, letting more tears flow out. Dwarf didn't protest, he hugged me with one hand and stroked my head with the other to make me calm down. "I'm with you..." Repeated in a whisper.

***

I sat down on a tree stump and hid my face in my hands. Now I had calmed down a bit, but my hands were shaking terribly anyway. Thorin crouched down beside me and took my hands.

"It's okay. " He said. "Everything will be fine, flower. " Added, and I looked at him in surprise. Thorin smiled and kissed my forehead.

I wanted to say something, but it wasn't given to me, because Dwalin entered my words.

"Where's that Bilbo? " he asked. "He should be back by now. "

Well, Mr. Baggins was supposed to go up one of the trees to see where we were and which way we should go, but he had been gone for a good few moments.

"Did you hear that? " Fili asked suddenly. "What is it? "

"It's the trembling of your knees, brother. " Kili answered him.

"No, not this time. " Fili said. "That's something different. "

I looked around and listened, but heard nothing.

"Fili..." I started, but suddenly I heard a crack. I quickly got up and drew my sword. I walked over to brothers who, like the others, had their swords ready.

"Whoa! " Kili and Fili shouted at the same time, at which we all screamed with fear. Brothers, on the other hand, had a lot of fun with us.

"Ah, when I get you two I'll ..." Thorin began, but didn't finish when we were suddenly surprised by a huge black spider from behind.

"Spider!! " I screamed. I hated them. So far I have dealt with small ones, but such a giant is an exaggeration!

On the other hand, another appeared, and then another. After a while, they surrounded us, and a moment later, they attacked.