Chapter 27

* KILI *

In the case of Malia, I was actually glad Thorin told her to stay with Dain. She was safer there. But I also knew her well and knew that she always got her way. However, I was hoping that this time she would listen and stay.

We got to Ravenhill in a few minutes. We killed the creatures that were there, and then we started to wonder where Azog had gone. After all, he was there a moment ago.

"Where's he? " I said. "It looks empty. I think Azog Has fled. "

"I don't think so. " Thorin replied, still staring at where the creature should be. "Fili." Uncle turned to us. "Take your brother, scout out the towers. Keep low and out of sight. If you see something... Report back. Don't engage. Do you understand? " My brother and I nodded as a sign that we understand.

"We have company. " Dwalin interjected. "Goblin mercenaries. No more than a hundred. "

"We'll take care of them. " Thorin said. "Go! Go! " He turned to us and together with Fili we went silently towards the towers.

We went inside and started looking around, but no one was there, which surprised us a lot. Suddenly we heard someone's footsteps. I started to have a bad feeling, but still wanted to attack.

"Hey! Stay here." Fili stopped me with one movement of his hand. "Search the lower levels. I've got this. "

I wanted to protest, but Fili insisted so I had no choice and went down. Then things started to pick up faster.

* MALIA *

Bilbo said he would go to boys and warn them, and thanks to the ring no one would notice him. But I wasn't going to wait here and I followed him. On the way, I killed a few more orcs and goblins. Bilbo was already on the hill and I got there just in time to see Azog taking Fili out. Dwarf tried to get away from him, but Azog was holding his neck.

"This one dies first. " Pale Orc said in Black Speech. "Then The brother. Then you, Oakenshield. You'll die last. " He added and I held my breath.

"Go! " Fili shouted at Thorin, but he nodded his head in disagreement. "Go! "

The moment Azog swung at Fili, I drew my bow and arrow. I tugged it on quickly and shot him in the hand. The creature howled in pain and released Fili. None of dwarves knew what had happened until they turned and saw me.

I drew the second arrow and fired the orc again, giving Fili time to escape now.

"You! " Orc shouted. Even though he still spoke his language, I understood his every word.

"Me! " I shouted back and shot him in the knee, and he fell into it.

Azog ordered orcs behind him to attack us, so the creatures charged straight at us. I stabbed some of them with my bow and then ran to Thorin, Dwalin, and Bilbo.

"What are you doing here? " Thorin asked.

"You were supposed to stay. " Dwalin added.

"But it's good you didn't. " Bilbo said. I knew what he meant.

"You saved Fili. " Thorin said and put his hand on my shoulder. "Well done, daughter. "

I smiled at him and quickly asked:

"And Kili? Where's he? "

Just like in response, I saw him fighting hordes of orcs. Not much thought, I ran towards him, and Thorin, Bilbo and Dwalin followed me. Fili also joined us on the way.

We split up when we got to the towers. I was running as fast as I could to help Kli, but orcs kept attacking me and that slowed me down. I ran inside the tower and didn't know where to run.

"Kili?! " I shouted, but got no answer. "Kili?! " I called again.

"Lia! " I heard after a few moments.

I breathed a sigh of relief and wanted to run after his voice, but another orc attacked me. Much bigger than the rest. It had to be Bolg, Azog's son.

I ducked before the blow, but unfortunately I didn't make it before the next one, so I flew a few meters in the air and landed in front of the entrance to the tower. I got up as quickly as possible and swung my sword at him. Bolg grabbed my arm and knocked the sword off, so I quickly pulled out one of my daggers and stabbed him in the leg. Unfortunately that didn't stop him and he pushed me against the wall. I hit it and felt warm blood trickling down my forehead. Orc swung at me again, but this time I jumped back. On the way I grabbed my sword and stabbed him in the chest. Or so I thought.

The sword did go right through, but it didn't quite literally hit it. Bolg held him down with his hand. He growled at me and threw another few meters back.

I groaned in pain, I didn't have the strength to get up. I was looking for a sword, but it stayed with orc, who now drew a weapon that looked like a metal spear, but this one was much larger, thicker, and had a much sharper tip. He was walking slowly towards me, and I had no way out. I started backing up until I hit the wall.

That's it, then... I thought.

Orc swung at me and I covered myself with my hand and closed my eyes until I heard someone scream. I exposed my hand and looked in that direction.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Kili appeared and pounced on Bolg. He leapt onto his back and with his sword blocked the blow that was aimed at me. Orc knocked him off his back. Dwarf rolled over to his side, got up quickly, and attacked him again. Bolg swung at him, but Kili luckily bent down and cut his belly open, but Kili hardly reacted. He had bits of a metal shield nailed to his skin, so that's probably why. Kili wanted to attack him again, but Bolg grabbed his hand and pulled him aside so that he had a clean punch to his heart.

"No! " I shouted and ran towards them.

On the way, I picked up my sword, bounced off one of the rocks, and leapt onto Bolg's back. I blocked the blow that was aimed at Kli. I swung my dagger into orc's shoulder. Creature howled in pain, released Kili, and threw me off his back. I had rolled over to the side before his next blow. Even though I no longer had the strength, I ran between his legs and cut his calf. Creature fell to one knee and swung at me again, but Kili lunged at me and shielded us from the blow, and we landed on the ground. Or rather, he on the ground and I on him.

"Are you okay? " He gasped.

"Yeah. " I replied quickly.

Bolg got to his feet and attacked us again, but luckily we rolled to the side together. Brunet took my sword and attacked Bolg again. He was doing quite well, but when I noticed orc drawing a dagger that Kili hadn't noticed, I reacted immediately.

I threw my dagger, which unfortunately only scratched orc. Bolg kicked Kili, who flew up the stairs and rolled off. He swung his dagger at me. I managed to avoid two of his blows, but unfortunately not the third. I felt a burning pain on the side of my stomach. I groaned in pain and took a few steps back, then tripped and fell.

"You'll die miserably, just like your parents. " He said and smirked.

From the back, I saw Kili creeping up on him.

"You'll die first. " I said to what he made a surprised face, but after a while he guessed what was going on.

He turned quickly towards Kli and dwarf didn't have time to strike, but fortunately he managed to bend down. However, he didn't manage to repel the second attack. Bolg only scratched his shoulder, and when he tried to finish him off, I jumped on his back again and dragged him back with me. I grabbed his dagger and scarred his hecek. Orc got even more angry and threw me off my back. This time, however, I wasn't so lucky and I didn't fall to the ground like the last time.

"Lia!! " I heard Kili scream and I fell straight down the cliff.

------------------------------------------------- ---------

I'll just say ... Just from the start when I wanted to write this story, I had no intention of killing Fili ;) And what will happen with Kili, Thorin and Malia? You'll find out soon ;) ♥