Chapter 11

Beorn gave us his horses so that we could reach Mirkwood faster. The road to it passed us relatively quickly. When I saw it, I knew immediately that it was a bad idea to go in there. It was obvious at first glance that the forest was suffering from disease. But as Gandalf said, we had no choice. By going through it, we'll save roads. I had a really bad feeling about it, and I'm not just talking about the fact that we might have met some elves there. Something was really wrong with this forest. Didn't hear any birds or anything like that.

Gandalf told us to let the horsess go back to their master, and so we did.

"What do you think? " Kili asked me.

"I have bad feelings. " I replied.

"Me too. "

"There is something wrong with this forest. " Fili interjected.

"Oh, really? Tell me how did you come up with it, brother? " Kili asked his brother, and then they started fooling around.

Kili grabbed Fili and this time it was him, he ruffled his head. Looking at it all, I just nodded my head and smiled. And how can you not love them?

"Not my horse! " Gandalf calledd suddenly, walking briskly out of the forest.

"But..." I started, but Wizard interrupted me.

"I know, my dear. I don't want to leave you all, but unfortunately I have to. " He said then turned to Bilbo and exchanged a few words with him.

"Why do you think he's leaving us? " I asked Kli.

"I don't know, but you know that Wizard... You don't understand him." He chuckled, and I joined him.

However, I still wish Gandalf would come with us.

"I'll be waiting for you at the overlock, before the slopes of Erebor." Said and walked over to his horse. "Keep the map and key safe. Don't enter that mountains without me. " Got on his horse and then continued. "This's not the Greewood of old. There's a stream in the woods that carries a dark enchantment. Don't touch the water. Cross only by the stone bridge. The very air of the forest is heavy with illusion. It'll seek to enter your mind and lead you astray. You must stay on the path. Don't leave it. If you do, you'll never find it again. No matter what May come, stay on the path! " He called, and drove away, leaving us alone.

"Come on..." Thorin urged us. "We must reach the mountains before the sun sets on Durin's Day. "

After these words, we entered the forest. We followed the path as recommended by Gandalf. Looking around, you could tell how gloomy and dark this forest is. Dense crowns of branches blocked the rays of the sun and covered the whole forest with a menacing shadow. There was such an overwhelming silence where we were now that every step seemed to be louder than a hammer blow. As we struggled through the narrow path, we had to move bent over, as we were surrounded by jagged branches on all sides. The path climbed up and down, then twisted and walked straight again. The road seemed to be endless. The air was so dry you could barely breathe. We felt dizzy from it and we felt like sleeping. I lost track of time, I was terribly tired even though we didn't walk that long. I wanted to stop and lie down, and fall asleep. But I also knew that if I did, I might not wake up anymore. After a few long moments, we found the bridge. Destroyed bridge.

"We could try and swim it. " Bofur suggested.

"We can't. " I replied to him.

"Didn't you hear what Gandalf said? " Thorin interjected. "A dark magic lies upon this forest. The waters of this stream are enchanted. "

"Doesn't look very enchanting to me. " Bofur said.

"Appearances are deceptive. " I added and walked over to Thorin. "What we gonna do now? "