11

a little time had passed since that whole ordeal. gryffindor and ravenclaw were going head to head in the quidditch game being held that night.

at dinner ron was powering up for the game as lavender sat beside him practically spoon feeding him.

briar rolled her eyes as she put her attention back onto ginny.

"i'm just saying, we are going to win so let's have a party tonight." ginny explained as she gulped down her water.

"no, yeah, we should." briar spoke up.

everyone turned their heads to her surprised because they thought the last thing briar would want to do is attend a party where potentially lavender and ron will be all over each other. especially seeing as though at the last one, that's exactly what happened.

"what? i'll get some of that muggle herb from luna and it'll be fun." briar continued.

no one really liked weed besides briar, luna, and ron.

yes, they did smoke a lot but when it came down to it, harry would only take a little, just enough to get him buzzed but not high because his anxiety and weed don't mix well. ginny was a social smoker and would only take some if it was around but wasn't crazy about it because she was so dedicated to quidditch and was strictly a fire whiskey girl. neville and hermione, well, they just wouldn't get on that boat.

"come on, i need a valid reason to get some and i wanna get all dressed up." she finally rested her case.

"alright-" harry said just before he was cut off by ginny.

"briar, i'll be at your dorm and we can get ready together, deal?" ginny smiled widely.

"yes, of course gin." briar blushed slightly, already getting excited at just the thought of the party.

~

in the locker rooms, the team was getting ready to go out onto the field.

harry stood in front of the team and gave some affirmations before they mounted on their brooms.

the school wasn't the same without the twins, lee, cedric, and even oliver.

since experiencing what school was like with them, even if briar didn't interact with all of them, ut seemed much more tame and calm, especially at parties and games.

as the game began, it was no surprise that gryffindor was already taking the lead.

every time ron would block a shot, lavender would jump up and down, clapping her hands loudly screaming, "good job won won! that's my boyfriend!"

briar didn't even know why she was at the game since she wasn't all that big on quidditch and she felt like if she heard lavender's voice one more time, her fist would meet lavender's face.

and she knew that ginny and harry didn't really care if she were there, sure it was nice, but it wasn't a deal breaker.

briar hesitantly made her way off of the stands and started walking back to the castle.

ron had noticed her slowly walking away from the game. this caused him to get a bludger to his face, nearly knocking him down. lavender gasped and kept forward as if she could get to him.

he had always looked for briar in the stands when he played, subtly, stealing glances every so often.

she wrapped her coat around her tightly as the wind slapped her face, not even wanting to imagine how cold the players must feel.

briar was already back up in the common room, staring into the fire as toulouse purred quietly, basking in the heat.

she looked at the clock and decided that she didn't really want the whole gryffindor house to come in and potentially crush toulouse, so she scooped her up and went up to her dorm just waiting until ginny would come by.

it was about an hour later when ginny knocked on her door, clearly just have gotten out of the shower.

"you ready?" she beamed once briar opened the door, letting herself in.

"yeah, just getting a little nervous now, that's all."

"don't worry, i'll be by your side the whole night."

"thanks, gin." briar looked up at her warmly.

"of course, now come on, the party is going to start soon." ginny said as she pushed briar towards her dresser.

"so im guessing you guys won?" briar asked, already knowing the answer.

"duh, i'm on the team." ginny rolled her eyes playfully.

as briar went to her clothes, looking for something nice, but not too nice, to wear, ginny went on telling her about the most 'exciting' parts of the game.

briar nodded along and would sometimes throw in some, "mhm's" to show she was listening.

by the time ginny was finished, briar had found something.

she turned around and held it up for ginny, "how's this?"

ginny sat up slightly from lying on her bed and rose her eyebrows, "you're gonna look hot."