17

everyone ran downstairs after molly called out that dinner was ready.

bill and charlie were already at the table, talking with their father.

ginny pulled briar over to them, introducing each to the other.

"briar, meet bill and charlie. bill and charlie, meet briar."

"hi." briar said meekly.

they each shook her hand before they sat back down.

"bill works at gringotts as a curse breaker." arthur clapped his hand on his son's shoulder, showing how proud he was.

"and charlie works with dragons in romania." ginny finished for her father.

briar's eyes widened as she looked at charlie, "that's amazing."

"it's a fun job." charlie laughed.

molly quickly set the food on the table while briar asked questions about what it's like to constantly be around dragons.

she didn't even notice the rest of the family at the table until ron cleared his throat loudly.

all eyes turned onto ron as he swallowed his water, "would you pass the carrots." he said in a dull voice to briar, which was conveniently closest to her plate.

"uh- yeah." she said, holding out the bowl to him.

"thanks." he said shortly.

briar nodded before instantly going back to talking with charlie.

ron rolled his eyes and scoffed, scooping out the carrots and piling them onto his plate.

harry leaned in slightly so only he could hear as the rest of the family went on, "now mate, this is just a suggestion, but maybe you should be a little more discreet about your jealousy. or else everyone will notice. but again, it's just a suggestion."

"i'm not jealous." ron turned to harry, shaking his head chuckling sarcastically, "why would i be jealous?"

"well, because she's obviously interested in charlie." harry said blatantly.

"i don't care that she's talking to him. i have a girlfriend, remember?"

"yeah, lavenders great..." harry trailed off, not wanting to make him more upset.

"she is." ron reassured sounding like he was saying this for himself, "she is great."

harry shrugged and went back to his food as ron stared down the table longingly.

~

ginny was tapping her foot impatiently, while briar read. she sighed loudly, looking over to her. she sighed again and briar closed her book.

"what's up, gin?" she said, finally giving in.

"i want to watch one of those muggle pictures." ginny said.

"you mean a movie?" briar asked.

"yes! great, you go down and get the thing set up because you know how to do that and i'll get the boys."

"what movie?" harry asked.

"a christmas movie." ginny said, as if it was obvious.

"and i ask again, what movie?"

ginny sighed and looked at the tape. "charlie brown christmas."

"do you even know who charlie brown is?" harry laughed.

"yes," she said matter of factly, "he's a muggle cartoon character."

harry looked over to ron and the twins, who were all sitting in ron's room. they all nodded and he turned back, "yeah, why not."

briar was downstairs hooking up all the wires to their tiny tv, showing arthur how it worked.

"fascinating." he gasped as the title screen came up on the box.

everyone came stumbling into the room behind ginny, instantly claiming their spots around the tv.

~

"what did you say that was again?" bill asked after the movie ended.

"a movie." briar answered.

"interesting..." bill nodded, thinking to himself.

sorry for the short chapter but things are gonna heat up soon