MIK 3

3: Unexpected

Morning appeared trickling in through the openings of the curtains. Jisung turned around, grabbed his phone, and tapped on the screen where the word dismiss was written to turn off the alarm.

He yawned and closed his eyes, stretching a bit to feel his muscles loosen up from the pain. He moaned and got up to start his daily routine.

After getting ready he glanced at the mirror for one last time and threw the travelling bag onto his shoulders and left the room.

As he got down the stairs he saw his parents waiting for him at the breakfast table. The elders looked up, smiling at their son but soon a frown got over their forehead seeing a black travelling bag slug around his shoulders.

"Where are you going?" Mrs.Han asked as the elders stood up.Jisung rolled his eyes and tsked, walking near the other end of the table.

"I'm going back to Seoul." Exclaimed Jisung, holding the bag straps strongly. He at least wanted to leave the house in peace so he was trying to control himself.

"But... what about breakfast?" His mother asked, worriedly.

"Wasn't it clear when I said I was leaving? Do I need to sign a treaty for that?"

"Don't talk to your mother with that tone, Jisung!" Mr.Han shouted alerting the maids. Jisung didn't care about the maids being there, all that mattered now was his life.

"Honey please calm down." Mrs.Han pleaded then looked at Jisung,

"Jisung, we are doing this for your good."

"By arranging me to a stranger?" Jisung exclaimed, " Wow! That's so nice of you guys." He said sarcastically.

"This is not how we raised you, Jisung! You are disrespecting your parents and aren't doing your duty as a son." Mr.Han shouted but immediately realised what he said.

Silence engulfed them as Jisung bit his lips, preventing himself from screaming.

"Duty as a son, huh? How dare you tell this to me when you both," He pointed at them both with his fingers," didn't even do the duty as my parents!" He shook his head as if it would help him to forget the reopening memories.

"Forget it." He said, walking away from the house.

"Jisung!" He heard his mom yell but he didn't bother much. As he was about to open the garage Violet ran towards him calling his name.

"Young master! Mr.Han fainted!" She exclaimed in terror.

"What!"
___________

Jisung leaned against the white wall and watched his mother looking inside the ICU ward, trying to see her husband.

When he reached the hall he saw his father lying on his mother's lap as his mother was shaking him, telling him to wake up, and crying.

He immediately picked his father up and laid him in the backseat and he drove to the hospital along with his mother.

He knew what it was from the way his father was seen, but he begged his mind to stop overthinking, that his father was alright.

The mother-son duo was startled as the ICU doors opened. They saw the doctor coming out of the ward.

"How is he, doctor? How is my husband? What happened to him." Mrs.Han inquired, her voice trembling.

"It was a cardiac arrest." She gasped whereas Jisung stayed calm as he had predicted it before, but still his heart ached at the news.

"Is he alright?" Jisung asked, hugging his mom sideways as he let her hug him back, crying.

"He is fine now, but I would like to point out some things." Jisung nodded," He appears to have had distress and anxiety for the past few days and it seems like he wasn't taking care of his body too." Jisung looked at his mother who nodded sniffling.

"He was stressing over your marriage." She replied, which made Jisung suffocate. Why does everything revolve around him getting married now?

"It will be good for him if you guys avoid him from getting stressed. Even a small thing can be a big problem with his health," The doctor sighed," He may look physically fit, but he is fragile inside. Anyways, either of you, please come to my office, I will give you the prescribed medicines list."

"Can we see him?" Jisung asked.

"Sure, you can." the doctor left the place, leaving them alone.

Mrs.Han looked at Jisung, "Jisung, can you go inside? I have to speak with the doctor alone." Jisung nodded, watching his mom walk away.

He held the door handle contemplating whether or not to see his father. He knew it was selfish to think that his father would use this situation as a tool to make him marry the stranger, but it was the truth.

After experiencing something in the past he doesn't believe in marriage and love and all the shit that revolved around it. It's pointless to him. How will someone understand him when his parents don't?

Sighing, he entered the ward and wore the mask and head cover for safety measures. The nurse removed the curtain and he saw his father lying on the hospital bed, breathing calmly unlike a few hours ago.

He sat on the chair beside the bed and kept quiet. Sensing his son's presence Mr.Han opened his eyes.

"Jisung..." Jisung held his hands and kissed them tenderly.

"How are you feeling now, Pa?" Mr.Han nodded, smiling a bit, indicating he was fine.

Silence filled the room as their mind got consumed with thoughts. Finally, Mr.Han decided to break the silence.

"Son?" Jisung looked up, " Can I ask you for a favour..."

"I know what you are going to say, Pa." he intercepted Mr.Han who looked at him confused, which made him sigh.

"Please don't guilt trap me with your condition, Pa." He stood up ready to leave the place,

"I'm not interested in marriage nor love. Please take some rest, and I will send Ma here." With that Jisung left the room and got out of it, to see his mother coming back with a bag, probably the medicine kit.

"Ma, you can visit Pa, now." Mrs.Han smiled feeling relieved.

"How is he?" Jisung grabbed the medicine kit and took a peak,

"Well he can talk a bit,"

Mrs.Han nodded, ready to go inside when suddenly the nurse came out startling them both. They watch her going to the emergency room of the floor which is near the ICU and telling them something about Mr.Han which made their eyes wide.

"Emergency! The patient isn't responding!"