MIK 5

5: The Lee family

Getting back to the hospital building, Jisung hesitated a bit with the decision he thought about.

After the encounter with his late grandmother; which still felt like a dream, he decided to surrender to the fact that his parents, no matter what, were going to get him married to a random stranger without much thought.

So, it's a waste of time and energy to rub out on the fights he was having with his parents because, in the end, he has to get married one way or another.

If that happened, he already had a plan that no matter what he would execute.

Putting his hands inside the pockets of the long grey coat, Jisung walked down the halls, hoping his parents would try to understand him for one last time before declaring that he was ready for the marriage.

As he was nearing the room; where his father was currently resting, he heard some distant voices talking from the other side. He was sure that the voices weren't of his parents, maybe it must be the doctor?

Still, why are they talking about him? He thought and was about to knock when the door opened to see his smiling mother.

"Oh, Jisung! You are back at the right time!" Mrs.Han exclaimed as she grabbed his hand, pulling him inside.

"Mom... " He got cut off, seeing two elderly people present in the room.

"Oh my goodness, is that our Jisung?" The lady, who was sitting on the stool beside his father stood up, exclaiming with enthusiasm.

"Honey! Isn't he so handsome? Our son is so lucky!" The woman asked the man beside her, which Jisung believed must be her husband.

"Yes, dear. He is so good-looking." Her husband replied with a soft smile which made Jisung feel warm inside. The elderly couple somehow made him feel welcomed which he never felt with his biological parents.

It's not like his parents are like those evil parents we see in dramas. No, not at all, but the family has some voids which they couldn't seem to fill up. They are close, but not much if you ask.

"Jane! I can't wait to make him my son-in-law," Mrs.Han giggled, watching her son getting dragged by the excited woman.

Wait... Son-in-law? Are they the parents of his soon-to-be-husband? The heck! He didn't expect that.

"You guys won't get him unless you pay us the dowry." Mrs.Han said with fake seriousness and the elders started laughing.

What's so funny about it? Jisung thought, internally rolling his eyes.

Mrs. Lee watched Jisung spacing out and pinched his cheeks, startling Jisung from his thoughts, "Aren't you so cute?" She said, finding Jisung cute.

"You look too pliant." She said, making Jisung sit on the sofa that was near the wall, a bit far from the bed where Mr.Han was resting.

You guys are judging me too fast. Just watch me, sending your son's head as a present. Jisung thought, awkwardly removing the woman's hands from his cheeks.

"Thanks, ma'am." Jisung said, cringing internally.

"Aww, I can't wait for you to become officially a part of our family. So that I can hear you calling me Ma." Mrs.Lee declared with a smile.

"And me as Pa, too." Mr.Lee exclaimed.

Silence filled the room as the Han family looked at Jisung in anticipation. Jisung knew what that look meant, but he didn't mind it. He wasn't in the mood to argue with his parents nonetheless.

Mr.Han coughed, snapping them all out of their thoughts," It's been a long time since I saw your kids. How are they doing?"

"Chan is doing great. He is the one who is looking after the hotels now." Mr.Lee replied with a proud smile," You know about Minho anyway. For Avatanza, she is still adamant about becoming a model." He said, shaking his head.

"Kids are growing fast. Look at Jisung, I still remember Jane holding him close to her chest after the second week of the delivery. That's the scenario that came into my mind." Mrs.Lee exclaimed.

"At that time I even told Jane that Jisung will be a mama's boy. Isn't it true, Jane?" She laughed, not knowing the internal turmoil she created between the mother-son duo.

"Not everyone stays the same, Mrs.Lee." Jisung exclaimed a bit harshly, silencing the woman who looked at him in mild surprise while the other three looked at him in shock.

Nonetheless, Mrs.Lee smiled warmly at him. "You are right, Jisung. People change." Jisung nodded, moving his eyes everywhere but her.

Deep down somewhere he felt a bit guilty for snapping at the woman but what was done was done.

He knew that the lady was unaware of the dramas that were happening in the Han family, and Mrs.Lee was anything, but mocking. He could feel the warmness of her words and actions.

He stood up feeling the silence that was yet again caused by him. He knew, for now, he was the one who should feel ashamed of his actions.

He hummed, " I have some calls to make. Please excuse me." Without waiting for a reply he stood up and bowed to his soon-to-be in-laws respectfully. At least he should do that after creating such a scene.

As he was nearing the door, the doorknob started twisting and it opened revealing a tall man with a black long overcoat, burrito cap, and mask entering the room with a bouquet making Jisung stop in his tracks, watching the mysterious man.

The man stopped in the middle of opening the door completely as he was surprised to see a familiar face that he wouldn't forget.

"Oh! Minho! You are here!" Mrs.Lee exclaimed, getting up and Jisung felt like his heart was beating fast in shock.

Is he my soon-to-be husband? Jisung thought, gulping. Even with all that clothes, the man looked attractive yet they were of the same height.

"I see, so you are Jisung." Jisung frowned his eyebrows hearing the familiar yet unfamiliar voice. The man chuckled lowly and removed his hat and mask and Jisung felt like his feet slipping from the ground.

In front of him stood the man he won't forget at all.

Lee Minho.