MIK 44

44: Words of confession.

"Okay, place the camera over there, yes there. The angle should capture their expression. Hey, place one here too!" Chaos was happening around the filming set as Kai furiously directed the staff as they had to take a sunset shot for the kissing scene.

The series was set on hill area, where the vast beauty of the village could be seen. The place was surrounded with greenery which made the village famous for its climate and scenery. Since it's December, the crew members have to shoot at least six scenes at the village before the Christmas holidays.

It's been over two weeks since they were shooting at the said place. The filming was taking place on top of the mountain and the dropping of the climate was making it difficult to adjust the settings, but they have to do it as per the schedule.

"Okay, Minho, are you ready?" Minho showed an okay sign to the director who shifted his gaze towards the actor next to Minho, "What about you Wooyoung?"

"Perfectly okay."

"Okay, let's get started." The second assistant camera; clapper came forward as the camera started rolling.

"Take one... camera rolling... Action!" Silence filled as the actors started reciting their dialogues, everyone was stuck in their breath, as the scene was a bit intense and the main turning point of the series.

The scene where the character Yeonjun would get to know about the fact that his boyfriend Soobin was already engaged, that all Soobin said was lies. Therefore Yeonjun was breaking up with Soobin without knowing that Soobin's family was forcing him to marry the girl after getting to know that their son was gay and dating.

Jisung was present there, watching the scene with tear filled eyes. The acting was so natural which made him almost believe that they were lovers.

"No! I can't live like your little secret, Soobin." Wooyoung looked up with tear filled eyes, "I... I can't go on with this life, let's break up." Before Wooyoung could turn around Minho held his hand spinning him around, kissing him.

Jisung felt his breath knocked out of his lungs. He knew it was part of the acting, but watching his husband kiss another man in front of his eyes pained him. He glanced away, taking deep breaths mentally started reciting that it was all acting; that nothing was personal.

"Cut!" Upon hearing the words he felt a relief washing over his whole body, a suffocating feeling washed away like the breeze. Jisung glanced up, watching the staff members passing tissues to the actors, but what he noticed was the still crying Minho and to everyone's utter horror he collapsed on the ground on his knees.

"Minho, come out of your character!" Kai yelled as he stood up from his chair, everyone stood there feeling helpless as they watched Minho crying, still in his character. Wooyoung looked at the crew members in defeat, not knowing what to do. Everyone present there, especially Jisung knew what was happening.

During Minho's film research era, he came to know about method acting where actors are unable to come out of their characters. It's nothing new in the industry but it can be dangerous depending upon the character and the specific trait they took in.

Without any care, Jisung ran towards where Minho was, who refused to take the tissues and consoling words from his fellow actor, the director and staff. He knelt in front of the elder who looked up with red teary eyes, his face turned into a red hue due to his intense crying.

"Minho," Jisung grabbed Minho's shoulders, uttering softly. "It's okay. Everything will be alright." Minho closed his eyes and Jisung watched his tears streaming down his face, which Jisung wiped away. Jisung asked for water from the shocked staff members and one of them brought it to Jisung after coming out of their shocked state.

Jisung patted Minho's cheek softly, who opened his eyes. Before Jisung could utter any words he was grabbed into a tight hug, making him gasp in surprise.

Minho buried his face onto Jisung's neck, "Please don't break up with me." Those painful words were loud on everyone's ears making them realise that he was still in character. Jisung slowly brought his arms up, wrapping around Minho, hugging him back.

"I won't, Minho. I won't." Jisung used his real name to bring him back from the character Soobin. Minho broke the hug, looking at Jisung, his eyes glistening with dry tears, an innocent look emerging over his face.

"You won't leave me?" Jisung shook his head. Even though he knew that Minho was saying all this as Soobin, the words somehow made him feel like Minho was saying all of these to Jisung, letting him know that Minho doesn't want them to fall apart when the contract ends.

Without Jisung noticing, Minho leaned forward kissing Jisung's lips, making him flinch in shock.

A jolt of electricity surged through their body the very moment their lips met. It's warm, soft and careful. Better than they have ever imagined. The kiss held a thousand unspoken emotions and words, making Jisung feel emotional, but he held it back.

Everyone watched the scene in front of them unfold in a frozen state, but they acknowledged it as Soobin; Minho's character even Jisung himself. However no one knew but Minho himself; that those words were from him, not from his character, that the action and words were genuine.

It didn't take much time for Minho to come back to his senses and both of them stood up from the ground. Kai walked towards them in concern.

"You alright, Minho?" Minho nodded, still having a firm grip around Jisung's hands making Kai smile. "Good. Let's wrap up for today."
_____________

"Finally, I found you." Minho tilted his head, watching Jisung who came forward to stand beside him at the hotel's private rooftop which was only accessible for VIPs.

They were back at the city of Jirisan away from the village.

"Sorry, I didn't feel like sleeping." Jisung shifted his gaze at the cigarette Minho was holding, who followed Jisung's gaze and stuttered out.

"It's cold out here. Felt like having a cigarette. Want some?" Jisung shook his head, looking ahead, leaning against the glass railing.

"Is it hard for you to stop smoking?" Jisung's sudden exclamation, startled Minho who glanced at the younger who looked at him with an unreadable expression.

"It's an occasional habit. I don't smoke much, since it will affect my health." Minho exclaimed, throwing the cigarette away, watching it fade away from his vision. He turned around, his back facing the glass railing, arms over the railing as he glanced at Jisung.

"Cigarette's hot smoke and the cold breeze mixes well with the atmosphere." He tilted his head upwards," Like cigarette and sex." Jisung raised his eyebrows in amusement, a small chuckle leaving his lips.

"Yeah you are right. They both hit off pretty good." A random question popped over Minho's mind.

"Do you like cigarettes after sex?"

"No, I am a virgin with asthma." Came the immediate reply which startled Minho. He choked on his spit as he laughed loudly, throwing his head back at the process making Jisung join at the laughing fist.

"It was hectic today." Jisung nodded, his mind automatically reminding them of their kiss. He shook his head aggressively without Minho's notice.

"Yeah, it was indeed hectic." The younger said, closing his eyes as the breeze hit his face, making him sigh at the calmness. Minho glanced over, watching Jisung's face glowing under the moonlight making him look like a webtoon character; ethereal.

Minho wanted to say that the words he said earlier were all said by him, not his character, but watching Jisung he doesn't want the moment to end soon, therefore he slipped the thoughts over the back of his mind and smiled.

"Thank you." Jisung opened his eyes and shifted his soft gaze at his husband who looked at him with the same intensity as his.

"No problem."