MIK 14

14: Visit

It's been three days since that dramatic incident happened in Jisung's life. Minho didn't phone him as he said and Jisung felt relieved because he wasn't prepared for anything at all.

When he came back to his apartment it was empty, no trace of his best friend was seen and when he checked his phone he got a message, saying that he left due to an emergency.

Yesterday he received a courier from the hospital-- his experience certificate -- to his happiness. The only thing that made his life feel promising.

Sighing, Jisung glanced at the laptop screen where the list of the hospitals that he had been writing down for the past few days was shown.

He applied to one of the fine veterinarian hospitals in Korea, and the rest of the hospitals he applied for were in foreign countries.

If by chance he doesn't get to enter any hospitals in Korea due to some unethical bastard, he doesn't want to risk the chances to be limited in Korea, so he has applied his resume to foreign countries to escape from everything.

If possible from the marriage.

However it's not as easy as it seems, because there are many rules and he has to take some exams to enter the foreign hospitals. This means he only gets the job after marriage which he doesn't know when will happen.

His thoughts got drawn away by the phone's ringtone.

Ma calling...

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and mild surprise. His mother was calling him after a long time.

After the fight with his parents, his mother limited her calling to text messages, but both the son-mother duo felt awkward to the point that text messages were seldom.

Without giving it a second thought, he picks up the call, closing the laptop after shutting the system down.

"Hello, Ma." He voiced out, hearing some sort of inaudible whispers and shuffling from the other side," Hello?"

"Jisung! We are so happy about you! You made the right decision, son." Jisung furrowed his eyebrows.

"What are you guys talking about?" He inquired of, gripping his phone tightly, nervousness kicking in his body.

"Minho's mother called us and said that you have told Minho about accepting the marriage," Jisung's eyes widened in shock.

What the hell! When did I say that? Jisung thought, screaming internally.

"Ma..."

"I was shocked," He heard her soft voice, " Minho is a nice kid. He is a man with words."

"More like a dickhead." Jisung mumbled.

"Jisung, I didn't hear you. What did you say?" Jisung panicked,

" Ah... nothing, Ma. I was reading something." He cursed himself, facepalming.

"Oh, I see." She nodded, glancing at Mr.Han who was sitting beside her on the bed, gesturing something to which she agreed by showing a thumbs up,

"Jisung?" She heard a low hum from the young man.

"We called Minho's family to have dinner with us, so we want you to join us for dinner tonight."

"Why should I? It's not like it's important."

"It is." Jisung's mother said sternly." They are visiting our house for the first time. You have to be here as they are your future family." Jisung rolled his eyes at that.