MIK 58

58: magic of love

It's been two days since Jisung left for America. Two days since he last called Minho. Even though Jisung has given Minho prior notice about delaying his calls, it would still be a lie if Minho said it didn't bother him.

Especially when Jisung found a companion – his ex-crush from highschool– and the mere thought of them being close wasn't settling well after the text message he saw in the morning.

Minho, I met my highschool friend here. Do you remember Rei, one of Seungmin's friends? Yeah it's him. You don't have to worry anymore. The message reads. Oh how couldn't he when Rei was Jisung's highschool crush and the one who questioned his sexuality?

He glanced outside the window, watching the vehicles moving and stopping in accordance with the traffic lights, untouched files piled around his table as he twirled the empty wine glass in his hands, deep in thought.

The huge time difference was making it hard for them to contact each other. It's not like Minho would get bothered if Jisung called him at an unusual time, but the thing was that Jisung doesn't want to disturb the elder especially when Minho was working on a new survival show along with his secretary, but for the elder Jisung's intention was unknown.

Minho glanced at his blank phone screen, turning it on as the screen light flashed over his face, showing the wallpaper of their couple pic that they took where they were in Korea on their first honeymoon trip. He smiled, touching the screen with his thumb, chuckling at Jisung's surprised face.

He got startled when his phone started playing the familiar ringtone. Jisung was video calling him which made Minho's heart skip a beat.

He immediately answered the call and the screen showed Jisung staring at the screen with his sleepy eyes, hair splattered across the pastel orange pillow, his surroundings were bright which made Minho realise that it was morning there.

"Hi," Jisung whispered with a pout and Minho was a goner. He leaned against the chair looking at the male with an adoring smile.

"Did you just wake up?" Jisung yawned, nodding. "How is it there?"

"It's still cold here." Jisung paused blinking his tired eyes, " And I am still struggling with the time difference. See I am still sleepy."

"Aww my baby must be tired." Jisung huffed, his cheeks puffing when he pressed closer to the pillow, making Minho's heart burst into a series of uwus.

They stayed in silence staring at each other through  the screen, a sense of longines evident in their eyes upon seeing their lover after a short break of days, but for them it felt like an eternity.

"I miss you." Both of them whispered at the same time, startling oneself with their voice. They chuckled at the unexpected awkward moment as if they were confessing towards their secret crush.

"Sleep some more." Jisung shook his head.

"I've to check my exam centre. Rei said he will help me." Minho's soft gaze changed at the mention of Rei's name. He poked his tongue on the walls of his cheeks, feeling utterly jealous. Jisung however was too sleepy to notice the sudden change so he started blabbering out.

"Why are you still in the office?"

"I have a few more files to check and approve." Jisung nodded, finally getting up from the bed. Minho saw him walking – Jisung downside of the face in display– and entering what seemed like the bathroom.

"Are you eating well?" Minho nodded, but the truth was he wasn't enjoying the food like he did before. It's not like the food wasn't delicious, however not having a certain person beside him to share and talk non-stop was making the food look like a mere source of survival.

"That's good. I already started missing our food, especially rice." Jisung let out a whine, already missing the taste of rice.

"Then come back." Both of them stopped their actions as the words sank in creating different emotions in each other. Minho cleared his throat.

"Kidding." Jisung let out the breath he was holding and chuckled along with Minho. "Don't slack off on studies." Jisung nodded.

"I'm still nervous though. I never thought I would be writing exams again." Jisung rubbed his shoulders, shivering as if he was scared of the thought, making both of them laugh out loud.

Meow!

"Aww Soonie, Dori , Doongie is with you?" Minho nodded, placing the phone against the pencil stand, and picked up the three cats who looked at screen curiously in seeing its human.

"Yeah, mom said they were lonely." I felt lonely. Minho wanted to add, but he skipped it.

"Soonie, Dori , Doongie~" Jisung called out the cats using a tone of affection, making the said cats look at the screen as they meowed loudly after seeing it was their other human owner making the younger giggle.

Jisung moved his face closer to the screen and gasped, " Minho I have to hang up the call now. It's already time." Minho nodded, saying a small 'bye' as he watched Jisung hang up the call, the home screen once again showing the picture he was gazing at moments ago.

He let out a small breath as he placed the cats over his lap, and with his other hand he took the phone placing it down the table. He started questioning his mood.

Why was he jealous of Rei when he was Jisung's husband? Sure they did get jealous of each other during the times where they were aware of their feelings and haven't confessed yet. Although it's okay to get jealous, Minho knew this kind of jealousy –where you feel an ounce of trust issue on your partner – was unhealthy.

He knew it was time for him to get a grip of himself before he did something that he would regret later.

Minho closed his eyes, reminding himself that Jisung was not like others – who approached only for his fame– rather he was someone Minho could rely on without any hesitation.

He looked down at the cuddled cats, and petted their head.

"Love does do wonders huh."