𝑰𝑰. 𝒅&𝒅

(Warning Mentions of Self-Harm)

•••

The lunchroom was always divided into cliques.

Harper hated that.

No matter how many times she had tried to sit with a group at the beginning of her freshman year, everyone would kick her out. And now, in her senior year, she was stuck sitting alone at a table. She looked up from her food and locked eyes with a boy from the basketball team. Lucas Sinclair. She had never completely known the boy but he was friends with Nancy Wheeler's brother. His eyes widened and he sent her a look that said 'run'.

Harper's view was blocked by the Captain of the basketball team, Jason Carver. His name just screamed serial killer.

The boy leaned down, violently slamming his hands down on her table. Harper flinched before looking up, "What are you looking at freak?" Jason's voice was low, "You think you can stare at our team without getting called out on it?"

The brunette girl turned away from Jason, trying to ignore him. She turned back towards her tray and picked at it with her fork. Jason reached out and grabbed her tray before throwing it across the room.

He looked down at the girl menacingly, "We all know you'll ignore me for now, but what happens when you get home, huh? Are you gonna add a couple of new scars to your wrists?" Harper's eyebrows furrowed, before she glared up at Jason, "Oh- did I strike a nerve there, emo?"

She grabbed her bag and quickly stood up from her seat, she turned around and headed for the doors.

"Are you walking away from me, b*tch?" Jason called before grabbing onto her wrist and pulling her back to the middle of the room, "You know what happens to people that walk away right?"

Harper pulled her wrist from his grasp. Jason started to get angry, he raised his fist prepared to strike but was cut off by the sound of trays clattering. Harper looked over Jason's shoulder and spotted none other than Eddie Munson walking across the table, he hopped off. Ignoring the people who were giving him glares for kicking their food out of the way.

"What do you want freak?" Jason asked Eddie, as the long-haired boy jumped off the table and landed on the ground.

Eddie looked Jason up and down, slowly circling the boy before standing in front of Harper.

Growing impatient Jason growled, "Well?"

"It's very impolite to hit a lady. Now isn't it?" Eddie's voice was low but soft.

Jason rolled his eyes, "Well not if she's dishonoring the Hawkins name." He looked at Harper intently, "She's eyeing the boys on my team, maybe that slut deserves a hit just to get her mind straight. And if you don't get out of my way-"

"What are you gonna do?" Eddie acted fake scared, pulling his hands to his chest, before tilting his head downwards, his bangs covering his eyes, "You really wanna fight with me Big Boy?"

Jason grew defensive, his lips curled into a grimace before he turned around and walked back to his table.

Eddie smirked before turning towards Harper, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her over to the side of the room, "Are you alright?" Letting go of her wrist.