𝑰𝑰𝑰. 𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆

•••

"I really don't think we could have done that without you, Harper." Jeff chuckled.

Gareth nodded, "Honestly, a level 15 sorcerer! That's crazy!"

Harper shook her head, "Ah- I'm sure you guys would have figured it out. I just read the handbook a lot..."

The boys chuckled before continuing to converse between themselves, leaving Harper and Eddie in silence.

Eddie was currently leaning on the table, his hands pressed together and against his nose, as he thought. Probably coming up with ideas for the next campaign.

"What time is it?" She asked Eddie.

The boy lifted his head when he heard Harper's voice, he then looked down at his watch, "10:30." He stated nonchalantly.

"10:30?" Harper started, "Sh*t, I was supposed to be home an hour ago... not that my parents care. I don't even know why they give me a curfew anyways."

Eddie looked at her slightly concerned, "Do you need a ride?" He asked before folding up the board in front of him and rolling up the battle mat.

While Harper thought, Eddie continued to clean up his items. Harper took the bus to school today, and she stayed after for the campaign, meaning that she didn't have a ride, she could have asked Nancy since she was coming to pick up Mike, but their house was a bit out of the way.

"I would like a ride... but you don't have to, if it's too far out of your way I really can just walk home-" Harper's nervous words were cut off by Eddie.

"Walking home alone is how people get kidnapped. Besides, I really don't mind. Anything for a fellow Hellfire Club member!" He said theatrically, putting the rolled-up battle map under his arm, "Hey!" He called out to the rest of the party, "Make sure you guys clean up your mess, don't leave your dice all over the place. I'm going to give Harper a ride home, so don't do anything crazy that could get us kicked out of the theater room." He sent them all a look making sure they understood.

The rest of the party nodded, watching as Eddie and Harper left the room. The two walked in silence out to Eddie's car. It was more of a van, and it probably wasn't his.

"Sorry about the mess." Eddie started, "Maid took the past six years off." The boy opened the back and threw the D&D supplies in there. After shutting the door he then walked around to the passenger side and opened the door for Harper, gesturing with his hand for her to get in.

"Ah yes- the van maid," Harper responded with a chuckle in her voice. Eddie laughed in response.

She climbed up the foothold and sat down in the passenger seat before the door next to her was shut. Harper folded her hands in her lap and heard the driver's side door open, she glanced over as Eddie hopped into the van. He shut the door and then put his keys in the ignition. Eddie turned on the radio, and the familiar sound of Black Sabbath rang through the car. Eddie turned it down a little before glancing over at Harper who quickly redirected her gaze.

"So where do you live?" He asked, his hand resting on the steering wheel, causing his silver rings to tap against it.

Harper turned back to look at the boy, seeing a soft smile on his face, "So, you know that small group of houses next to the Forest Hills Trailer Park?"