𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰. 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

•••

"Chrissy Cunningham came to me for a deal. After school before the campaign I met up with her, she seemed nervous I thought it was because it was her first deal, but maybe it was something else. As our deal was coming to an end she asked for something stronger." Eddie wrapped his arms around himself, "So after the basketball game and the campaign ended, I took her back to my trailer to giver her some Special K." Dustin looked confused but didn't ask about it, "Again, she seemed really nervous, but I couldn't find the drugs at first, I went to my room and searched for it before coming back in the room, she was frozen, her eyes rolled back into her head and I tried to wake her up."

Steve and Robin shared a look, this didn't sound like anything they had ever dealt with.

"Her body just, like, lifted up into the air and, uh..." Harper could tell that Eddie was holding back tears, "And she just, like, hung there. In the air. And her bones... Uh, she..." He let out a small whimper before turning his head, his eyes filling with tears before turning back towards the group, "Her bones started to snap. Her eyes, man. It... it was like there was something, like inside her head, pulling." Eddie's voice broke, "I- I didn't know what to do, so I..." He paused, "I ran away. I left her there." Eddie inhaled sharply, Harper was currently standing next to Eddie, her hand rubbing his back for comfort, "You all think I'm crazy, right?" He asked, looking down and pressing his knuckles to his forehead.

Dustin shook his head, "No. We don't think you're crazy."

Eddie's shoulders shook, "Don't bullsh*t me, man! I know how this sounds." His voice broke.

"We're not bullsh*tting you," Max explained.

Robin nodded, "We believe you."

Eddie let out a breath and shook his head.

"Look what I'm about to tell you might be a little... difficult to take." Dustin glanced up at Harper, "You too Harper."

Eddie nodded, "Okay." He was slightly confused.

"You know how people say Hawkins is... cursed." Dustin began to explain, sounding a little cryptic, "They're not way off." Dustin looked up at Harper, "There's another world. A world hidden beneath Hawkins. Sometimes it bleeds into ours."

Eddie's eyebrows furrowed, "Like ghosts and sh*t?" Harper was also a bit confused, but maybe somehow this would all make sense.

"There are some things worse than ghosts," Max said.

Dustin nodded, "These monsters from this other world... we thought they were gone. But they've come back before. And that's why we needed to find you."

"If they're back again, we need to know," Max said.

Robin then spoke up, "That night, did you see anything?"

"Dark particles, maybe?" Max followed up.

Eddie shook his head.

"It would almost look like dust, swirling dust," Dustin asked.

"No, man, there was nothing you could see or, uh... or touch." Eddie was slowly growing less nervous but it was clear that this was something that would take a while to get over, "You know, I tried to wake her, man. She couldn't move. It was like she... she was in a trance or something."

"Or under a spell." Dustin realized.

Eddie glanced up, sharing his same thought, "A curse."

"Vecna's curse."

Harper suddenly understood what they were talking about, after what happened in her last D&D campaign anything could be possible, it was kind of similar to what happened to them, minds controlled to leave and on their way out...