𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑿. 𝒎𝒚 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓

•••

Eddie was finally out of the hospital, while he still had a few cuts and bruises he was generally okay. Currently, Harper and Eddie were walking in Harper's neighborhood. They were reflecting on the horrors they had just gone through in silence. Their hands were interlaced and they were at the edge of the neighborhood when Harper felt a drop of water on her face. She looked up seeing the rain begin to fall.

"Sh*t." She breathed.

Eddie and she shared a look, "We won't make it back to your house in time." He rushed, and Harper agreed.

"The playground is like two feet away, we can make it there." She pointed over to a pretty small playground, but up the stairs, there was an overhang and they wouldn't get wet.

"Alright." Eddie nodded beginning to walk in that direction, the rain started pouring down and soaking them thoroughly, "Dammit!" Eddie exclaimed running towards the playground. He pulled Harper up the stairs and the two of them stood under the small overhang. As soon as they made it under the overhang the rain just got harder.

Harper and Eddie laughed, the two of them sat down in the small octagon-shaped area, a slide on one side of them and a firepole on the other.

"I haven't been in a playground for years," Harper noted, her's and Eddie's hands still entwined.

Eddie nodded agreeing, "Yeah... I think last time I went to one me and the boys were totally scaring off a ton of kids." A sly smirk on his face, "Gareth dressed up as that guy from Halloween? The children were flipping their sh*t." Following his statement Harper let out a laugh, causing Eddie to look up at her. His eyes traced over her smiling figure, her hair was wet and stuck to her face, her face had a slight red tint to it and her nose was very red, it seemed like it was something that was normal for her, not just if she was drunk or high.

Eddie lightly grabbed her face and pulled it towards him, pressing a loving kiss to her lips. Harper was surprised at first but leaned into the kiss. She leaned forward and draped her arms over his shoulders. She pulled back slightly and adjusted her position so she was sitting on his lap facing him. The two leaned in once more their lips locking. Eddie placed his arms on her back pressing her against him even further. The two were interrupted as a car drove past, Eddie and Harper quickly pulled away from each other. The rain had stopped and the two shared a look before laughing once more.

"Maybe making out in a kid's playground isn't the best idea." Harper pointed out, "But it did stop raining so maybe we should head back to my house?" Eddie nodded, agreeing.

"Yeah, sure." He said watching as Harper stood up, he followed her actions quickly but stopped as she started walking down the stairs. Harper turned back towards Eddie, a confused expression on her face.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

Eddie glanced behind him at the slide, "I want to go down the slide." He chuckled, causing Harper to roll her eyes.

She raised her hands in defeat, "By all means, but don't blame me when you get soaked."

"Oh, I won't, M'lady." Eddie grinned before turning towards the slide, it was a straight slide that had no bends or curves in it. Someone had decided that it would be a great idea for it to be bright yellow. Eddie chuckled before sitting down at the top of the slide and sliding down, he was already soaked but now he was practically dripping with water. He stood up and turned to Harper who was facing him with a small smile on her face.