𝑿𝑰𝑰. 𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒌

•••

"Have you seen or heard from Eddie recently?" Dustin asked into the phone.

Harper overheard Max on the other side of the room, "Eddie Munson?"

"When was the last time you talked to him?"

"Yeah, seen him?"

Dustin let out a sigh, "Okay. Sorry to bother you."

"Know anyone who'd know where he is?" Max asked the person on the other side of the phone.

Robin picked up the phone she was using, "I really don't think he's at the arcade. Yep, I'm pretty sure."

Harper tapped her fingers against the counters nervously, what if the cops get to him first? They would jail him for something he didn't even do.

"Reefer Rick? No. Does this Reefer Rick have a last name? I mean, it's kind of..." Max walked back towards Dustin.

Steve walked by towards a woman, "All right, Doctor Zhivago." He held up a VHS in the air, "It's a double VHS. It's long. But that's because it's filled with action and romance, and a little bit of suspense."

"So, my boyfriend won't like, totally puke when I bring it home?" The woman asked.

Steve's face dropped, "Oh, you... your boyfriend?" Harper rolled her eyes before hopping over the counter and stepping in front of Steve.

"No ma'am, he's going to love it. The action in it is perfect for any man while the doomed romance caters more towards you or me." The woman smiled before handing the VHS to Harper.

"I'd love it then!" She said.

Harper grinned, sending a smirk to Steve before ushering the woman to follow her to the counter before ringing her up. After she was done she said bye and began walking out the door.

"See ya." She called.

Steve leaned against the door frame, "Yeah, see ya later." He watched her leave before awkwardly saying, "Alligator." He stepped inside the building, "Goddammit."

Max hung up the phone, "Hey guys, I might have a lead." Everyone turned around quickly and Harper hopped back over the counter.

"Seriously?" Dustin asked.

Max nodded, "Yeah. Apparently, Eddie gets drugs from some guy named Reefer Rick, and sometimes Eddie crashes there."

"That sounds promising." Robin started, "Where does this Reefer Rick guy live?"

Harper crossed her arms and leaned against the counter, hoping that he was there and safe.

"See, that's the thing. No one knows." Max explained, "He's more of a... legend than someone that people actually know."

Dustin spoke up, "What about a last name?"

"I don't know that either."

Steve was sorting some movies in a bin, "Bet the cops know the last name."

"What?" Harper asked, looking over at him.

"Cops." He turned around, "I mean, listen, if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, I can guarantee you he's been busted at some point." Everyone looked at him confused, "Means he's in the system."

Dustin rolled his eyes, "The cops?" He looked at the man as if he was crazy, "Really, Steve? That's your suggestion?"

"I mean, I just think they should be filled in on what we know, what's going on," Steve explained.