𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰. 𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒇 𝒈𝒖𝒏𝒔

•••

Nancy was the first to step inside, followed by Steve who was holding the flashlight so it would shine in front of them. Robin, Harper, and Eddie followed close behind. Steve turned towards the living room, lighting up the area.

"Might be time to get a maid, Wheeler." Robin joked nervously.

Nancy pressed her lips together, "Come on. I don't want to stay here longer than we have to." She immediately started walking up the stairs. Harper immediately followed after her, they all marched up the stairs carefully, making sure not to step on any vines. Nancy made her way into her room and opened the closet doors before pulling down a box that looked like a shoe box. She placed it down on her vanity and opened it, moving aside the thin yellow paper revealing a pair of heels.

"Those aren't guns." Eddie pointed out.

Robin nodded, "I mean, these heels are a bit pointy, but I was hoping for something along the lines of a deadly projectile."

Nancy looked down at the weapons confused, "I- I don't understand." She said, looking next to the box.

"Maybe you left them somewhere else?" Harper asked.

Nancy shook her head, "There's a six-year-old in the house. I know where I keep my guns." She turned back to the guns, "And also, I threw these away years ago." Harper looked into the box.

"Last time I saw you wearing these was when you went to that party with Barb. Like, two years ago." Harper agreed.

The curly-haired brunette grabbed some flashcards from the table next to the box, she flipped through them slowly.

"I get that grades are important to you, but perhaps studying can wait till we get out of here?" Robin pointed out.

Nancy frowned, before looking up from the cards, "These are from sophomore chemistry..." She set them down on the table, "And this... this wallpaper, this is old wallpaper." She stepped around the room pointing towards the wall before pointing at a mirror on her wall, "And this mirror, this went to a yard sale. And..." She turned to a stuffed animal on her bed, "you. You're not supposed to be here." Nancy said, picking it up, "I gave you to cousin Joanna two years ago." She put the stuffed animal down and stepped over to her bedside table, she picked up a notebook and started reading through it before stopping.

"What is it?" Eddie asked.

Robin took a step forward, "Nancy? You're freaking me out."

"I think the reason that my guns aren't here is because they don't exist yet." She said, looking down at the book completely in shock.

Harper and Eddie shared a look, "They don't... exist?" Eddie asked, looking at her as if she was crazy.

Nancy nodded, turning around, "This diary should be full of entries. It's not. The last entry is November 6, 1983." She had a serious look on her face, "The day Will went missing. The day the gate opened." She shook her head slightly, "We're in the past."

"Dustin! Dustin!" The four upstairs heard Steve yelling from downstairs. Robin immediately ran down the stairs, "Dustin? Can you hear me? Dustin!" The four teens stared at Steve like he was crazy, he was looking around, shining his flashlight at things, "Du-- Hello? Hel- Hello?"

Robin leaned over towards Nancy, "Maybe he really does have rabies."

"Steve, what are you doing?" Nancy asked.

Startled, Steve turned towards the group of four, pointing his flashlight at their faces. They covered their eyes blocking out the light.

"He's here. Henderson. That little sh*t, he's here. He's like..." Steve walked towards the group, "Here- he's in the walls or something. Just listen."