𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰. 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆

•••

"Harper?" Steve called out, shaking her shoulders. Her eyes had rolled to the back of her head and she stood frozen, "Hey! Stay with me! Harper! Hey!" Eddie quickly ran over to the rope.

"Sh*t!" He exclaimed, reaching out to climb the rope before getting held back by Robin.

Max looked up, concerned, "Vecna."

Eddie tried to pull himself away from Robin, "Goddamn! Robin let me help her! I can't let her die!"

Harper on the other hand had finally hit the ground, she shot up quickly finding herself in a familiar place. It was the house where her last campaign was at. Vines covered the dining room, she let out nervous breaths as she turned around.

A dark shadow sat at the head of the table slumped in a chair. She took a step forward and saw the DM of the campaign dead and covered in vines.

"Do you remember what you did, Harper?" A voice called out to her, Harper had a flashback of lying to the families telling them that they had just walked out, "Or have you already forgotten?" Harper looked around nervously, trying to find a way out. Most of the doors seemed covered by vines, "When I kill someone... I never forget." Harper slowly backed into the kitchen. She heard a squeak and turned to see the faucets in the kitchen pouring out blood, causing the sink to overflow and it pooled into the kitchen on her shoes. Harper quickly ran through the blood into the living room hallway. She opened the door and ran outside, seeing herself in a world full of red.

A clock was ticking, it seemed like it was in front of her and in the back of her mind all at once. She looked around seeing objects floating in the air. A clock floated a few feet away from her. Instead of being in front of a house, she was now on a set of stairs. The sound of distant wailing filled her ears as she slowly made her way down the stairs. The clock chimed again causing her to jump.

"I see you've been looking for me, Harper. Looking for me, and hiding from me all at the same time. You were so close. So close to the truth." A voice growled, "I have a question for you to ask Nancy was old, blind, dumb Victor?" He asked as Harper made it down to the ground, "Did he miss me? I've been meaning to check back in, but I've been busy." Harper turned to look at a pillar that stood close to her. Embedded in the stone was Chrissy Cunningham, her body twisted and mangled. Harper let out a small gasp before turning away, "So very busy." She turned towards a door that stood alone to the side, it had a stained glass window of what looked like a rose. It slowly faded from the red color it was into a light green the door opened and a man stepped inside followed by a woman and two children.

The small girl walked around her parents, "This is amazing! It looks like a fairy tale!" She walked around Harper and up the stairs, "A dream!"

The woman smiled, "Alice, no running!"

"It's so big!" The little girl grinned, running quickly up the stairs.

Harper turned back to face the small family, seeing the little boy standing quietly behind them.

"This is nice." The father said, hugging his wife.

"Yeah." The blonde woman responded.

The little boy stared down at the ground before Harper heard a voice in her head, "I didn't fit in with the other children. Something was wrong with me. All the teachers and the doctors said I was... broken," The boy began following his sister up the stairs. Harper followed quickly watching as she heard the voice again, "-they said. My parents thought a change of scenery, a fresh start in Hawkins, might just cure me. It was absurd. As if the world would be any different here." Harper followed as he walked into a room, down the hall a light started flickering, "But then to my surprise, our new home provided..." Harper watched as he kneeled down next to a vent in the bathroom, "a discovery. And a newfound sense of purpose." The boy lifted the grate and reached his hand in, "I found a nest of black widows living inside a vent. Most people fear spiders. They detest them. And yet, I found them endlessly fascinating. More than that. I found a great comfort in them." The boy pulled his hand out and Harper spotted a black widow crawling on his hand, "A kinship."