𝑿𝑰. 𝒅𝒐𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓 𝒛𝒉𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒈𝒐

•••

Golden light streaked across Harper's room, she blinked her eyes open and looked around. Her blinds were open, allowing light to bleed into the room. Harper reached out to pull herself over to the side of her queen-sized mattress, the green floral sheets were in a mess and her Walkman was nowhere to be seen.

Her eyes widened and she looked around frantically, she shot up from her bed and ripped off the covers, searching under them, but her Walkman was nowhere to be seen. She dropped to her knees and looked under her bed, letting out a sigh of relief as she spotted the headphones. Harper picked it up and placed it on her bed before changing into a new pair of clothes and getting herself cleaned up. She decided on a pair of acid-washed jeans and a white T-shirt so she could wear it under her vest for work.

She hooked the Walkman to her belt before placing the headphones around her neck. She needed to have it accessible, Keith wouldn't like it, but she could just claim it was for medical reasons.

Harper opened the door to her room and walked out, finally ready for the day. She stepped down the stairs and made it to the door before hearing her mom call out to her.

"Bye, Harper." She called, sounding uninterested.

Harper let out a sigh, "Bye mom." She said before stepping out the door and seeing Steve's car sitting in front of her driveway. She made her way over to the car and opened the back side door before climbing in. Sitting in the front was Robin who was rambling on about Vickie and how she wanted to have a chance with her. Robin's voice faded off as Steve started driving.

"So, Harper. How was the party after I left?" Steve asked. Harper and Robin shared a look of disbelief.

Harper scoffed, rolling her eyes, "We'll if you had let me get a word in, instead of running off with some high school girl you would have figured out that Robin had left already and I didn't have a ride home. I was stuck at the party."

Steve glanced back at the girl, "Sh*t, sorry... I should have listened. Are you okay? Did you get a ride home?"

Harper nodded as Steve pulled into the parking lot of the family video store, "Yeah after I got a drink spilled on me Eddie took me to his place."

"Are you serious? The freak? He didn't do anything to you did he?" Steve asked, parking the car and taking his keys out of the ignition.

Harper and Robin shared another knowing look, "Ah, yes Steve, we had sex all night. You know, he has a pretty nice pair of handcuffs in his room, very good for- no Steve. He didn't do anything."

Robin snickered seeing the look on Steve's face. His jaw dropped as he looked at Harper before shaking his head.

"You're mean." He breathed.

"And you left me at a party. So now we're even." Harper said, unlocking the door to the video store, as soon as she was about to step in the sound of sirens interrupted her. The three turned around to look at the police cars going by all of them heading in the direction they had just come from.

Harper, Steve, and Robin shared a look before shrugging and entering the video store, getting ready for a long day of work.

After a few hours of standing around, Harper was now reading a magazine about how D&D is the devil and it's going to convert your kids to satanism. She chuckled before turning the pages.