𝑽. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚

•••

"Harper!" Robin called as the girl with dark brown hair stepped into the Family Video Store, "Holy sh*t, holy sh*t, holy sh*t!" She rambled watching as Harper looked at her confused and walked behind the counter, setting her stuff down. Robin grabbed the other girl's shoulders and shook her frantically, "Holy sh*t!" She said one last time.

"Robin!" Harper said, causing the girl in front of her to stop, "Calm down."

Robin nodded taking in a couple of breaths, "Nancy Wheeler just came in here and gave us an invitation to a party! US!" The short-haired girl paused, "I mean, for you, it makes sense and all, because you guys are friends, but me?"

Harper chuckled, "Any plus ones?" She asked, jokingly.

"That's the best part!" Robin started, "Everyone is allowed a plus one! So I was thinking of bringing Vickie. I don't know if she'll say yes- I mean I'm only going to ask her as friends." She glanced back up at Harper, "Are you gonna bring someone?"

Harper shook her head, "Who would I even bring?" She asked before turning back to the front counter and facing the door to see if any customers came in. Robin squeezed in next to her.

"Oh~ you know... there's this guy you've been hanging around recently. Playing D&D and going to his shows~" Robin said in a smooth voice.

Harper turned to look at the other girl quickly, "Eddie?" She shook her head frantically, "No, no, no, no way!"

"Oh please, Harper! How have you not noticed?! You totally have the hots for him!" Robin stood up and crossed her arms, leaning against the counter behind her, "I mean, he is handsome... for a guy." She finished.

Steve peeked out from behind one of the shelves, "Who does Harper have the hots for?" He asked, scaring both Harper and Robin.

"What the hell, Steve?!" Robin asked angrily grabbing a newspaper and hopping over the counter, she smacked him on the head with it before crossing her arms.

The boy rubbed his head, "Ow-" He said turning towards Robin, "I was just wondering who she likes." Steve whined.

"Eddie Munson," Robin stated nonchalantly.

Steve let out an exasperated groan while standing up, "Oh come on! First Dustin, now you? Does this guy just have everyone wrapped around his finger or something?" He paused, "I mean, he's not that good-looking... I mean sure he has a nice face and great hair... a winning smile-"

Robin and Harper shared a look while chuckling, "Oh? Please continue Steve." Robin said.

"No!" He shook his head, noticing the trap he was in, "He's like an off-brand version of me!"

Harper rolled her eyes and brushed off the conversation, trying to get the two airhead's attention, "It doesn't matter. I don't like him, and I still need a plus one. Or I just won't bring one." Steve's eyes widened.

"Bring me." He said quickly, "Please." Steve's voice was full of desperation.

Harper and Robin shared a look, "Uh. Okay I guess, I've got no one better to bring." She said, turning back towards Steve, "Why do you wanna go so bad?"

"You see ladies..." Steve began, leaning back against the counters, "When an older guy is invited to a High School party he automatically becomes the center of attention, which means all the women will be flocking towards me."