𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰. 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒅

•••

"Oh, boom!" Harper heard a voice call from the other side of the rock. She and Eddie were surprised, both of them jolting up to try and hide, the two of them hid behind a rock behind Skull rock, "Bada bing, bada boom, there she Henderson." Harper let out a sigh of relief as she recognized Steve's voice, "Skull rock. In your face man, in your stupid cocky little face."

"Doesn't make sense..." Dustin said.

"Yeah yeah. Even with it staring at you in the face you can't admit it." Steve continued, "You just can't admit that you're wrong, you butthead."

"I concur. You Dustin Henderson are a total butthead." Eddie said, after climbing over the rock and jumping down. Harper was less dramatic and just walked around it.

"Jesus, we thought you were a goner!" Dustin said, walking over to Eddie and giving him a hug. Steve let out a sigh of relief and walked over to Harper, wrapping his arms around her.

Eddie smiled into the hug, "Yeah me too man." He patted Dustin's back glancing over at Steve and Harper, "Me too." Robin, Nancy, Max, and Lucas walked into the clearing quickly. Steve let go of Harper, and Robin and Harper ran over to each other, embracing tightly.

"Geez! We thought you were dead!" Robin said. After the two let go, Harper turned to take a glance at Eddie. He and Steve made eye contact while Steve sent Eddie a little wave, still concerned about their first meeting.

Steve turned to Harper, "So are you guys okay? How is everything going?"

Harper and Eddie shared a look, "Well... not so good. I'm uh..." She paused, wringing her hands together.

"You aren't pregnant are you?" Robin asked, sending a suspicious look to Eddie. His breath hitched and his body tensed up nervously.

Harper's eyes widened, "No! No. Nothing like that. It's actually worse." She paused, taking in a nervous breath, "I've been cursed."

The group let out small gasps, "Are you serious?" Steve asked.

Harper nodded slowly.

"Sh*t." Robin breathed.

"Goddammit!" Steve growled, running his hands through his hair, "When did this happen? How do you know?" He stepped in front of Harper.

"The night of the party." She paused, "I think..." Harper looked over at Eddie who sent her a comforting nod, "I'm not sure if it's connected but I started getting headaches and bloody noses. After the campaign, I went home and heard a clock and there was someone there... but when I listened to my music it all went away." Harper wrapped her arms around herself causing Steve to place his hand on her shoulder for comfort, "And then two days ago, we were leaving my house... I went down to the kitchen and had one of those visions. I saw Vecna himself. Luckily Eddie was there to play my music."

Max and Nancy shared a look, "How did you guys know that music kept Vecna away?" Max asked, looking up at the two.

"Harper said it was the only thing that calmed her down when she had her first vision... so I kinda just threw a hail mary," Eddie explained, tucking his hands in his pockets.

"Sh*t..." Steve breathed, wrapping his arms around Harper one more time. This time not only earning a look from Eddie but also from Nancy. She was confused about her feelings, but the sight of seeing Steve hugging another girl hurt her, "We should have taken you with us." Steve said, pulling away.