𝑿. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒈𝒏

•••

"The hooded cultists chant, Hail Lord Vecna. Hail Lord Vecna. They turn to you, remove their hoods. You recognize most of them from Makbar." Makbar was one of the places that the portal brought you, it was the most recent one, Eddie continued, "But there is one you do not recognize, his skin is shriveled, desiccated." Eddie snapped his head towards Jeff shocking him, "And... something else." He turned back towards the whole group, "He's not only missing his left arm..." Eddie stood up slowly, putting his left arm behind his back and slowly raising his right to cover his left eye, "But also his left eye!"

Everyone let out shocked exclamations. Mike and Dustin started yelling, saying that it couldn't be true.

"VECNA'S DEAD!"

"He was killed by Kas!" Mike explained.

"So it was thought my friends, so it was thought."

You sat back, crossing your arms. You were glad that you planned ahead, you had already stocked up on potions and enchanted your armor so you would be well protected for a bit. At least, long enough to give him some good hits.

Eddie leaned down and picked up a mini figure, "But Vecna lives!" He slammed it down on top of his throne, "You are scared, you are tired, you are injured. Do you flee from Vecna and his cultists?" The group looked around at each other, unsure what to do, "Or do you stand your ground and fight?" Eddie prompted them to make a decision, "Come on."

Dustin shared a look with Harper, "I say we fight..." Harper nodded, agreeing, "To the death."

"To the death." Mike nodded.

"To the death." Erica agreed.

Everyone began chanting, "To the death!" Over and over again. Eddie smirked maniacally and chuckled at the group's antics as they hit the table. Eddie flopped down in his seat laughing.

"Alright," Eddie started, "roll for initiative."

The sound of dice rolling filled the room. Everyone gave their number to Eddie and he wrote down the battle plan on a piece of paper. The order went as shown.

Harper rolled a 23.
Erica rolled a 20.
Gareth with a 17.

Eddie rolled for Vecna and got 16.

Mike with a 15.
Dustin rolled a 13.
Stan had 7.
And Jeff rolled a 5.

Eddie turned towards Harper, "Well, m'lady? You get the first move, what's your plan?" Harper turned to the others, they looked at her expectantly. So she made the choice she thought was the best.

"I'm going to cast fireball." She breathed, leaning forward slightly.

Eddie nodded, "Roll to see if you hit." He moved his hand outward, palm facing up as he gestured for her to roll. Harper took her dice in her hand and rolled it across the table, she tilted her head to get a good look at it.

"18?" She asked, looking up at Eddie, hoping it hits.

Eddie nodded, "You hit. Roll For damage." Harper looked down at her D6 and grabbed it, she had to roll it 13 times to see her damage.