𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰. 𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒎 𝒏𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

•••

Harper was sitting at the kitchen table, watching Eddie as he walked through the back door of the house. He sent her a look his eyebrows furrowed.

"I told you to stay with me, Harper." She held her pointer finger up, silencing him before pausing her music.

"-Or have my music on." She turned to him, propping her feet up on the table, "I have two of those things now."

Eddie rolled his eyes with a small smile on his face before turning toward the stove. He pulled open one of the drawers and saw silverware, he closed the draw quickly and opened the cabinet under it. Just pots and pans.

"Nope." He breathed, opening the cabinet near his head. Plates and bowls, he stepped around the stove to open the cabinet next to it, Eddie let out a sigh before opening the one above that. He looked inside before spotting a can of Spaghetti-o's, he picked it up, "Yeah..." He let out a scoff, "You'll do." He pulled out a pot and set it on the stove after turning it on. He opened the Dan and dumped the contents into the pot. Eddie then turned to Harper while stirring the pasta, "Harper, be a dear and try getting Dustin on the walkie?"

Harper chuckled before taking her headphones off and pulling the walkie-talkie from his back pocket and pulling up the antenna, "Dustin~" She said in a singsong voice after pressing the talk button, "Oh, Dustin~ It's Harper and Eddie."

Eddie finished with the spaghetti-os and poured some into a bowl before grabbing two spoons, one for him and one for Harper. He reached over and took the walkie-talkie from Harper before pressing the button and handing her her food.

She took it gratefully and dug her spoon into it.

"Hey, Dustin, this is Eddie the Banished. You there?" He asked, letting go of the talk button before walking down the hall, Harper followed close behind, "Dustin can you hear me?" After another moment of silence, he lifted the walkie again, "Dustin~? Earth to Dustin~"

"Hey, it's Nancy." A soft voice said from the other side. Harper and Eddie shared an interested look.

Eddie fumbled with the walkie before holding it up to his face again, "Wheeler! Hey!" Eddie glanced over towards the windows, "Um, we're gonna need a food delivery, like, really soon." Eddie stepped over to the windows and looked out them, "Unless you want me going out into the world." He turned to Harper sending her a knowing smirk causing her to chuckle.

"No. No, no, no. Don't do that." She paused, "Just stay where you are, and we'll be there as soon as we can."

Eddie turned towards the door, "Yeah- yeah, listen... um... can you pick me up a six-pack?" Harper smacked his shoulder, "I know, it's stupid as sh*t, drinking right now, but uh... cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves."

Harper turned to him, mouthing, "Jangled?" Eddie shrugged in response.

"Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back," Nancy said, sounding nervous.

"No- don't you dare-" The line cut off, "Wheeler? Wheeler?" He pressed the button but got no response, "Sh*t."

Harper turned to Eddie, "They're having a funeral service for Chrissy Cunningham today." Eddie sat down at the table next to Harper.

"You should go," Eddie said, leaning his elbows into the table.

Harper shook her head, "No. I'm gonna stay with you okay? Besides, I'd be sitting in there the entire time with my headphones on, somebody is gonna have a problem with that." Harper explained, chuckling.