IX

Morrigan Brooks

"MORNING," I say to Damon, Andie and Alaric who were all sitting at a table. Eliza was already there, sitting next to Damon so I sat next to Alaric.

"Good, you're both here. You remember Andie, don't you, Ror?" Damon starts and I shake my head.

"You never introduced us, D," I say and he rolls his eyes. 

"Andie, this is  Rory, Ror, this is Andie, my girlfriend," Damon says, and then turns back to Alaric. "Anyway, back on topic. Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?"

"No, it was boring," Alaric says, sighing. "Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming."

"You sound jealous. He sound jealous?" Damon asks turning to Andie but aiming the question at all of us.

"Kinda do," Andie says and I nod in agreement.

"I'd be happy to move his attention to me instead of her," I say and Andie laughs. I like her.

"Well, maybe we shouldn't talk about this here." He says, subtly jerking his head in Andie's direction.

"Andie? She's compelled not to divulge my secrets." Damon says putting an arm around his girlfriend.

"All class, man," Eliza says, trying her best to move away from the overly mushy couple moment they were having. Damon started muttering to himself about an opportune moment when he looks over my shoulder and smiled.

"See you, Rory," Brandon says, coming out of nowhere.

"See you later, Brandon," I reply, giving him a little wave. Both Damon and Eliza look between us multiple times like we were a tennis match.

"You had sex with the bartender?" Damon says and I go red. 

"Shut up, Salvatore." I say and Eliza holds up her hand, so I hi-five it, still looking down in an attempt to hide my blush.  

"There's Jenna and her new boyfriend," Damon says, waving to them. I turn around and smile at them, thankful for the change in subject. "Hi." He says to them,

"Hey guys," Jenna says.

"So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds?" Damon says.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Jenna says, looking at Elijah and back, and I saw what Alaric caught that too.

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I, uh, I've got papers to grade," Alaric says, I get out of the booth so he can get out and accidentally bump into one Englishman.

"Sorry, Elijah."

"No problem." He says with a smile. 

"You know what? We should continue this." Andie says, and while I had no proof, I had a sneaking suspicion this was staged. "Let's have a dinner party."

"Oh, my girl. Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host." Damon says. I look over to Elijah and I can tell he knows this is staged. "Let's say tonight? Maybe?"

"It's good for me, Jenna?" Andie says, keeping the conversation going.

"No, I don't know if tonight will-"

"Yeah, I'm free." 

Alaric and Jenna say simultaneously, and I knew Alaric would end up coming anyway.

"It would be a pleasure," Elijah says with a shrug. They all look at me and Eliza and I nod first.

"We would love to," I answer for both of us.