XXIV

a/n: i know i said in the introduction that to keep witch powers and become a vamp is just super rare to live through and stuff but i decided to make it so her bloodline is the reason for that, and we'll dive into it later😽

anyways, love yall and thanks for all the support so far ❤️

Niklaus Mikaelson

Flashback to 1684

IT was Rebekah's birthday and for once, she actually had no idea what I was planning.

"Nik! This is wonderful!" She says, wrapping her arms around me.

The only reason I could get this set up so quickly was compulsion.

Not that I ever set up a party any other way.

Well, compulsion as well as Mor's magic, though, she pretty much just stood there and nitpicked everything, though (not that I'd ever admit it) but her nitpicking was the reason everything was perfect.

"Happy birthday little sister," I say. Morrigan was lining up for the birthday girl's attention and even Kol had made the journey after a bit of hounding.

"Happy birthday, Bex!" Morrigan says when she lets go of me.

"Is this why I couldn't find you this morning?" She asks and Mor nods, embracing my sister. Out of thin air, a box falls into Mor's hand.

"Is that-?" Rebekah asks and Mor nods.

"Open it." Rebekah obliges and when she does, I see a necklace, and for some reason, I remembered that necklace.

It was tiny. A thin chain with two gemstones on it. One was an amethyst, about as small as a few grains of sand. The other was an emerald. Why she picked those two gems, I didn't know.

"It's beautiful!" Rebekah says, though she looked like she didn't know why the choice of gems was the way they were, though Mor seemed to notice.

"The amethyst is your birthstone and the emerald is mine. This way, you'll always have a piece of me." She says with a nervous smile as if Rebekah would reject the objectively beautiful piece of jewellery.

"This is the best gift I have ever received!" Rebekah says, close to tears. She wraps her arms around Mor and the witch hugs her back.

"We'll, you're my best friend, Bex," Mor says.

"You're my best friend," Rebekah says, tearing up.

"Don't cry!" Mor says. "Turn around, I'll put it on." Rebekah does as she's told and Morrigan secures the clasp. "Now, hurry up and get your presents from your brothers, because after that, we are getting wine." Rebekah chuckles eagerly before turning to me.

"I didn't get you anything," I say with a smile and she just hits my arm. "I'm kidding, Rebekah!" I say, holding where she struck me. "It's in your rooms. You can see it after the party." She huffs a sigh but hugs me anyway.

"Thanks for the party, Nik." She whispers.

"Only for you, sister," I say. "Mor's in charge of Elijah's and Kol's," I say with a smile and Rebekah just rolls her eyes.