XIII

Elijah Mikaelson

MY first thought after I woke up from being daggered, was that reuniting with Morrigan was the best dream or hallucination I had ever had, but it also brought me great sorrow. Opening a centuries-old wound did not do wonders for your mind.

Even if I couldn't be with her, I would always have her in my memories, and though the grieving process had never really finished, I could pretend.

Pretend it didn't bother me. Pretend I didn't have a love for her.

Morrigan Brooks

I woke up in a very cramped space. I had to blink a few times for my eyes to adjust to the light, but when they did, I realised I was under a desk.

I sat up, bumping my head and realised I was in a classroom. I opened one of the drawers on the desk and saw a file. 

SALTZMAN, Alaric: Grade 11 grades

Why was I in Alaric's classroom? I remember last night, or at least, god I hope it was last night, and the last thing to happen was I held Klaus up against a wall with my magic before somehow, he managed to knock me out. 

"Fuck," I mutter, cracking my neck since I was manhandled into the worst position ever. I walk out of the classroom, and then the school, and I saw that it was empty, so it was last night. Thank god. 

Shit. Was anyone dead? I check my clothes to see if I still had my phone on me, and thankfully, I did have it tucked away.

I check my messages and I'm pretty sure it's going to explode soon.

From Eliza<3: Bitch where are you?
From Eliza<3: Istg if you got kidnapped by that grandpa of a vampire
From Eliza<3: I'll beat him up

From Damon: Where r u
From Damon: Elizas asking me where you are like I know
From Damon: Call me asap

From Elena: Hey are you ok?
From Elena: Bonnie channelled you but none of us could find you after

From Stefan: Where did you disappear to

I make my way over to the Salvatore house and call Eliza.

"Oh thank god, I don't have to save your ass again." She says and I chuckle.

"Yeah, he literally stuffed me under Alaric's desk," I say, stretching still. "Where are you now?"

"Home. Where are you?" 

"Damon's. He said to call him asap, so I'm just going to talk to him." 

I walk to the front door, muttering to myself about murder and such when I almost bump into a large body.

"Shit, sorry- Elijah?" I say, seeing the newly awake original.

"Hello, Mor." He says in a soft tone, his expression matching that tone. 

"Nice to see you back in the land of the living," I say and walk past him. "Hey, Elena," I say. she gives me a meek wave and I see she's holding the dagger, but then she reluctantly hands it over to Elijah. "After you're done, we still need to talk," I say, looking at Elijah and he reluctantly nods. 

"You could come if you want?" Elena says and I nod. I look between the two and Elena beckons me to follow her and Elijah, so without another word, I do.