IV

Morrigan Brooks

"Damon. What reason could you possibly have for calling me at nine in the morning right after a very traumatic event for me." I say, still lying in bed after being rudely woken up.

"Ror, from what Elena said, you were either buddy buddy-ing it with Rose and Trevor or passed out for more than half of it. Plus, you've been kidnapped before. You'll be fine."

"Why did you call, Damon?"

"You should probably come to the house. It... I think you'll want to be involved." 

"Yeah, sure, whatever. I'll be over in twenty." 

I somehow find the willpower to drag myself out of bed and change into an oversized cable knit sweater and a little black skirt, pairing it with black boot heels. I do a bit of makeup so I don't look as bad as I feel, lazily ran a brush through my hair and left my room.

The thing is, my body was still slightly fucked up from the drugs Trevor's lackey gave me, and I may not be the best decision maker on the planet, meaning I did more magic on the three-hour drive back from wherever we were, so I was slightly drained

I'm just grateful for my vampire healing or metabolism, or whatever is making it feel like a cold instead of being hit by a truck, which is pretty much what it felt like when I had it as a human.

I'm with Damon, not kidnapped again xx, I write on a sticky note before sneaking into Eliza's room. I stick the note on her forehead (somehow I don't wake her up) and sneak back out. I'm surprised she's not awake already, since out of the two of us, she was the morning person, but at least she was getting sleep.

I run at vampire speed to the Salvatores and ring the doorbell.

"You're early," Damon says when he opens the door.

"Yes, well. I aim to impress." I say, walking past him. "Now what was so urgent? Is Elijah not dead or something?" I say with a chuckle and Damon just looks past my shoulder. I turn to where his gaze is, in his living room, only to find Rose.

"Rose! Thought I wouldn't see you for at least a few more centuries." I go sit on one of their armchairs. "No offence, Rose," I start and then turn to Damon. "But s she the reason you called me all the way out here?"

"No. We thought, since you're the oldest one here, you might have some information." Stefan says.

"Info on what?" I say suspiciously.

"Well that's what I want to know," Damon says, looking directly at Rose.

"Ok, you have to understand, I only know what I've picked up over the years, and I don't know what's true and what's not true, that's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus I know is real," Rose says. Oh, this Klaus guy. 

"Who is he?" Elena asks.

"He's one of the originals. He's a legend." Damon says.

"He's from the first generation of vampires." Stefan finishes.