XXXVII

a/n: i forgot to do this earlier but my fc for Henry Dennings is Tyler James Williams

(I've been watching a lot of Abbott Elementary and it's all I could see)

Morrigan Brooks

Flashback to 1758

"MORNING, baby," I mumble when I feel the bed shift as Elijah gets up.

"Good morning, my love," he says, leaning down to kiss me on my cheek, which I only felt because my eyes were still closed.

"What are we doing today?" I ask. "Mardi Gras is next week so the quarter's flooded. You know what that means?"

"A feast?" He asks only half-jokingly and I lightly shove his shoulder away.

"Yes, but not the answer I was looking for."

"Your favourite time of year," he says and I smile.

"Correct, Mr Mikaelson. I love Mardi Gras," I say, emphasising each word of the last bit.

"Really? I couldn't tell because you never bring it up," he says and I roll my eyes.

"So, reiterating, what are we doing today?" I ask but he sucks air through his teeth and sits next to where I was lying.

"I have an errand to run, but we can find some poor tourists afterwards?" He says and I raise a brow.

"This close to Mardi Gras?" I ask and he just shrugs. "And this secret errand wouldn't have anything to do with our anniversary tomorrow, would it?" I say. Our anniversary, in reality, wasn't for another nine months, but it was a harmless prank, except for the fact that he didn't even pause a beat to second-guess himself.

"Nice try, angel, but what kind of man would I be if I didn't even know our anniversary?" He asks and I giggle a bit before pressing my lips to his.

I EVENTUALLY got out of bed and went to find another Mikaelson to hang out with, when I saw Elijah come out of Klaus' office turned art studio.

"Hey, baby. I thought you had errands to run," I say lightheartedly but his face goes rigid as if I caught him sleeping with another woman or something.

"Just the one errand. I'm just about to leave." He said, though it bordered on muttering. "Speaking of, I do have to go. Love you," he says before walking out and I give him a look, though he couldn't see it since his back was turned.