XXI

I just finished my rewatch of the originals and I'm balling at the last ep

Morrigan Brooks

"TRY this one on. It will go nicely with your hair," I say, passing Rebekah a black mesh dress through the curtain. 

"There has got to be more to this dress," she says and I chuckle.

"There's not," I say. "Come out, show us."  She struts out like a bloody runway model with a surly expression. 

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then?" She asks with a hand on her hip, and I try not to take it personally. "You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing," Klaus says and I hit him over the head. 

"You look stunning, Rebekah. I think this is leaning closer to a businesswoman than a prostitute." I say, semi-sarcastically. 

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident." She says, looking up at the speakers. 

"It's dance music," Stefan says and Rebekah scoffs. 

"People dance to this?" She asks, but I'm already going back to the racks. I found a cute baby blue top that I brought over. It was just a simple v-neck long-sleeved top, but when it gets colder, it could be really cute.

It was the same colour as my dress, which was just a simple collared mini dress that I paired with white heels.

"Are we done?" Klaus grumbles. 

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah asks, stalking towards Klaus.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying. One thing. Your necklace. And you lost it."

"I didn't lose it, it's just been missing for 90 years." She says before turning to Stefan. "So what do you think?" She does a little twirl and he barely looks before replying. 

"I like it." He says. 

God, how does he have a girlfriend?

Rebekah obviously shares my statement, because she just scowls. "What? I said I like it." He says and Rebekah scoffs. 

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan."

"Nice one, good work," Klaus says and he and Stefan share a moment of pure male idiocy.

"What? You're the one to pull the dagger out of her." 

"I heard that." Rebekah snaps and Stefan sighs.

"I'm going to get some air." He says before walking out of the boutique. Klaus takes no notice and just pours himself more champagne. 

"Klaus, you can pay for this, right?" I say, holding up a stack of clothing, and continue before he can answer. "Thanks," I say, placing them next to the champagne bottle. "Rebekah let's go so I can find your necklace," I say and she opens the curtains.