VI

Morrigan Brooks

BRANDON did call. He called and we talked for hours. Usually, I would consider this moving way too fast, but I really liked him. It was a nice change of pace from the last couple of guys I dated, and as much as I deny it, I do have shit taste in men.

I got a chance to finally sleep in today, and now I was actually putting effort into how I look. For once I wear goddamn sneakers. On the top, I wear a long-sleeved white top that ties in at the front and a green satin wrap skirt.

"Where are you going, smiley? And what on earth are you wearing?" Eliza says as she sees me walking out the door

"Grill, and I'm wearing a skirt." She shakes her head and points at my feet. "It's not a crime to wear sneakers," I say.

"It is in your world. You only wear them when you run." She says and she starts laughing and singing the start of You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift before I throw a random ball of yarn we had for decoration at her.

"Rory and Brandon, sitting in a tree..."

"He's not working. He's a bartender. Who's getting a drink at ten in the morning?" 

"Alaric and Damon," she says and I laugh, nodding.

"Well, either way, he's not working," I say and put the keys, my phone and my lipgloss in my little Prada bag.

"Have fun with Brandon." She says in an insinuating tone, but I ignore her.

In all honesty, my outfit, makeup, hair, shoes and whatnot weren't done for him. I actually forgot about him until I opened my phone while I was walking down the stairs and saw that he was the last person I talked to. 

I was thinking about Elijah. I like, totally felt bad for forgetting about Brandon and stuff, but the original had such a... presence.

Not that I liked him.

I got in the car and turned the radio on and turned it up loud enough I couldn't hear my thoughts.

"Looking so crazy, your loves got me looking got me looking so crazy in love," I sing along, turning it up even further.

I turned the radio down when I parked and I walked into the Grill.

"Hey, can I get an iced coffee?" I ask and they nod, I pay and get out of the line. Maybe today wouldn't be dramatic and crazy.

Who am I kidding? Of course, it will be dramatic and crazy, but that doesn't mean I can't delay the inevitable and have a peaceful morning.

"Rory?" I hear from behind me. I turn and low and behold, there's Brandon.

"Oh, hey, Brandon. What are you doing here? I thought you weren't working till later?"

"Picking up my jacket. I forgot it last night and I would get it later, except it's got my wallet in it." I nod. A waitress comes up to me and passes me my drink and I thank her.

𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒂𝒚 | Elijah Mikaelson [1]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara