XV

Morrigan Brooks

I'M really going to beat that motherfucker up. Elijah betrayed us and then when I was going to finish what he had started, he snapped my neck, releasing Klaus from my spell.

On the bright side though, Elena's alive, and not as a vampire, like properly alive, thanks to John who's now dead, but he knew that was coming, which is commendable.

I attended Jenna's funeral with Eliza as well, and now, in my room and very bored, I was mulling over what Klaus said.

How did he know I lost my memory? Maybe Elijah told him. 

I got up, now bored enough to clean out my closet. 

"Dump, dump, that's ugly, ew why did I buy that?" I was muttering, going through the drawers of my dresser. As I was doing this, I still couldn't get my mind off Klaus and my memories.

I really should have learnt my lesson when Elijah's reaction to my weird ass phone call about 1759 and whatnot had absolutely nothing to do with me, but I still couldn't help but wonder if he was being for real, or if what he said was absolute bullshit. 

I considered asking Damon for advice on whether or not I should trust Klaus, but Damon was generally biased against any original vampire. 

"Argh!" I exclaim in frustration, my magic going slightly haywire and the lights started flickering, though I got it under control quickly.

I'll flip a coin. Heads, I drop the whole thing and assume Klaus is a lying son of a bitch. Tails, I go grill him for information. 

I go hunting for a coin and find one in Eliza's purse, and I flip it without thinking about my logic first. 

Tails. 

I honestly didn't know which way I wanted it to go, though I didn't have time to ponder whether blissfully ignorance is better than knowing, because Klaus will probably haul ass out of town, because who in their right mind would stay here?

I obviously wasn't in my right mind, but Klaus did not seem like the small-town type. At least from the five seconds of conversation we've had. 

I go back upstairs and run a brush through my hair, do minimal makeup and then go to discover an outfit. I find a cute little silk dress. It was purple with lace trimmings, and I didn't know why I didn't pull it out more. I grab some white heels and pair them with a white headband since the outfit was a bit plain without accessories. 

Out of my jewellery tray, I grab a pair of pearl earrings and a pearl necklace, and then I drive into town, and to Alaric's apartment complex, on my way to find a murderous hybrid.