III

Elijah Mikaelson

Flashback to 1441

MORRIGAN moved in with her daughter. She was Rebekah's best friend, Klaus liked her more than most people and she was also abnormally powerful as a witch. 

She is funny and, had compassion good person overall. It didn't hurt that she was very pretty, though that wouldn't go very far since it was barely a crush and she was mostly focused on her daughter, Rosalie.

"Thank you so much for taking us in," Morrigan says as she walks in the door.

"Oh, it's no problem. Just more time with little Rosy!" Rebekah says in a baby voice, carrying the infant jfront of the witch.

"It really is no problem," I say, trying to take my sister's attention off of her godchild.

"Oh, yes," Rebekah says, dragging her gaze to the woman behind her. "Friends help friends, right? And plus, we will have the best time." She says, moving the child.

"Now where are your other brothers?" She asks, looking around.

"Terrorizing mortals in the town," Kol says coming down the stairs with Niklaus following him.

"Well, it's nice of you to wait until I got here," Morrigan replies as she hugs them both. If it were anyone else hugging Niklaus, their neck would have been snapped, but seemingly reluctantly, he hugs her back briefly.

"Elijah, hold her please?" Rebekah says, handing me the one-year-old. I take her, not really knowing what to do with her, but I copy her mother and godmother on how to carry her. "Follow me, I'll show you where your room is." My sister says to Morrigan before dragging her up the many stairs.

When both girls were out of earshot, Kol starts speaking again.

"My brother, what a sight this is," he says and Klaus nods.

"Yes, it's all very... domestic." He says with a shit-eating grin.

"I don't know why I travel with you two." Not a very well thought out retort, but I did have a baby in my hands and Morrigan did say that she accidentally said bastard a few too many times and it was Rosalie's fifth word.

"I think a certain witch might like the domesticity..." Kol says before the baby starts crying.

"What do I do?" I ask. Thankfully less than a minute later, the girl's mother comes down the stairs.

"Oh, god. Sorry, Elijah, she's just hungry. Thank you for holding her." Morrigan says taking Rosalie from me and walking back upstairs.

HOURS later, I found myself sitting on the floor with Rebekah, Morrigan and Rosalie.

"Elijah, I thought you hated children?" Rebekah said and I roll my eyes.

"No, I hated the one child from Italy because he thought he could best anyone in a fight and stabbed my leg five times."

"Oh, yes. Well, at least you don't hate Rosy because otherwise, you have to find another estate to live in." She says, and before anyone could realise, Rosalie had crawled over toward me and into my lap.

"Dada," Morrigan's eyes went wide.

"Sorry, she says that to like every man she touches." She says, embarrassed.

"I don't mind," I say, playing with the infant.

"Doesn't she have an actual dad?" Rebekah asked and Morrigan shakes her head.