XLIX

Morrigan Brooks

"I MISSED you!" Eliza exclaims as she rushes out of the house.

Elijah and I had arrived in Spain about half an hour previously after a day of getting down from the high of finally being married.

Obviously, we had to consummate the marriage, it's like the law.

"Oh, hope you didn't have too much fun without me!" I laugh, embracing her and then Emilie as well when she comes out too.

"You must be Elijah," Emilie says, looking over my shoulder.

"It's a pleasure. Congratulations on your engagement," he says and she laughs.

"I'm so glad you could both make it." I look around and see Henry behind Emilie. He came out of the house with a soft smile.

"Hey, Ror, it's about time," he laughs.

"Hey, Henry," I walk over and briefly embrace him. "This is Elijah."

"Hey, man," Henry says, clasping Elijah's hand. "Henry," he says, introducing himself.

"Hey," Elijah says. It was nice to see him in such a casual setting. "Elijah."

"Now that you're here, we can finally get the drinks flowing!" Eliza says excitedly, pulling Emilie and me by the wrist back inside.

NEVER in my life did I ever think I would get to watch Elijah sip on a mimosa, but here we were, on Emilie's balcony at, god knows what time at night, all with glasses of champagne and orange juice.

Emilie, Eliza and I stayed up late planning the next day. Which were the best bars, the best clubs, and the best way to go between them. Elijah and Henry sat with us, Elijah's arm lazily hanging off my waist and Henry's doing the same with Em, though they both looked as if they were checked out of the conversation.

In the time that we talked, it seemed as though only half an hour had passed, but when we looked at the clock, it was three in the morning, meaning four hours had passed.

"I'm going to bed," Emilie says, pulling Henry up with her.

"Oh thank god," I hear the latter mutter under his breath.

Eliza follows shortly after and so taking the hint from Elijah, who was basically pulling me in the direction of our bedroom, I walk in there with him.

"How are you feeling, darling?" I ask. "I heard you talking to Rebekah on the phone earlier. Is everything alright?"

"Yes, it's... it's really nothing. Niklaus is growing restless and convinced people are plotting against him," Elijah sighs, taking off his suit jacket and tie.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they were," I say, taking the jacket from him and putting it on a hanger because I knew it annoyed him when they got unnecessarily crinkled.

"I want to stay here with you forever," he says against my lips. "We would never have to leave our bed. Sunrise to sunset."

"I think you would get a bit bored," I laugh, my face a hair's breadth from his.