XXVI

Elijah Mikaelson

Flashback to 1759

"How are you feeling?" I ask to my fiancée who was lying on my chest. She turns her body so she was facing me and I pull her closer to me.

"Can you believe it? We're getting married tomorrow." She awes and I smile a genuine smile. "Took you a while, but we finally got there." She jokes but I just press a kiss to the top of her head, trying my best to not get her hair in my mouth.

"My apologies, love. Next time I propose, I'll do it faster."

"No, it's fine. The longer you take, the more epic our story becomes." She says happily.

"Epic, hmm?" I muse and I could practically feel her eyes roll.

"Yes. Epic." She says and we both fall into a comfortable silence.

End of Flashback

Morrigan Brooks

I woke up with a smile, and when I remembered the previous night, my smile got wider.

I called Eliza last night and told her everything, though her main take away was that I got to go to a ball and she didn't.

I was doing my best not to dance around my kitchen with the mood I was in, when my phone rang.

"Elena?" I say when I pick up the phone. "What's up?"

"Could you come over? Bonnie, Caroline and I, well... mostly Bonnie, is trying to figure something witchy out and at this rate, it's useless."

"Yeah, 'course. Give me five minutes and I'll be there."

I grabbed a blood bag and made my way upstairs to change from my pyjamas.

It wasn't freezing, but it wasn't warm, so I settled for a black long sleeved top that went slightly off my shoulders and a pair of black flare pants with some basic heels.

I got into my car and drove to the Gilbert house. I walk in and make my way up to Elena's bedroom to find only two of them.

"Hello," I say in a sing song voice. I look around to see two of the three girls that I expected. "Where's Caroline?" I ask, when the door to the bathroom opens.

"Here," she says brightly.

"Thank you for coming, Rory," Elena says. She was sitting on the bed with Bonnie and dividing them was a tray, I assume it's usual purpose was breakfast in bed or something along those lines, but on it were several candles, an ashtray and a bundle of sage.