XI

yall i started watching this show virgin river bc it came up on my recommended and it gave me a mix of It Happened One Summer and Gilmore Girls vibes and FUCKING ELIJAH (his names mark or something) COMES UP AND I WAS LIKE WTF

plus even better, he's a sexy doctor    

Elijah Mikaelson

Flashback to 1758

"Did you hunt when you were human?" Morrigan asks me out of the blue. I looked up from my book to answer her, just to see the unintentional seductive pose she was in.

"Hmm?" I ask, stalking towards the bed where she lay.

"Elijah! Answer my question!" She squealed.

"Why would I do that, when I can do this?" I crawl on top of her and she tries to get out but I catch her.

"Elijah, please answer my question or I will go ask to spend the day with Rebekah or Nik instead. I wager your brother would answer my questions about your childhood."

"I wager he would also give you some unprompted information about me as well." She smiles and leaves the bed.

"Then maybe I should spend the day with him more often." She tries walking away, but I grab her hand.

"Yes, my love, we hunted often with all the men in my family. My father, Niklaus, Kol, Finn and myself."

"Were you any good?"

"I was the best," I say, cupping her face.

"Hmm, somehow I doubt that." She says, dramatically throwing herself onto the bed beside me. "Did Bex know how to hunt?"  I lie down so that I'm parallel to her. "Niklaus and I taught her a bit when we weren't in the presence of our father."

"No offence or anything, but your father sounds like an asshole."

"You don't have to tell me twice," I say, agreeing with that statement if it were magnified tenfold. "On the topic of my dear sister, she asked me to tell you that you're going wedding dress shopping tomorrow, and Niklaus is also throwing an engagement party for us."

"Let me guess. The whole of New Orleans is coming?"

"I think the number is leaning towards the whole of Louisiana," I say, joking along. She gives me a deadpan stare so to make up for it, I move the hair from her face and kiss her head. 

Subconsciously, I grab her hand and start tracing patterns on it. After a bit of this, I look up and see she's staring.

"It's impolite to-"

"To stare, I know lovely." She finishes off for me.

"Then why are you staring?"

"I'm memorizing your face." She says, running her hands over the unshaven stubble on my face.

"And why are  you doing that?"

"Because, if you ever get kidnapped or run away from home I have to draw your missing poster."

"You think I would get kidnapped?"

"Better safe than sorry," she takes a sharp breath and then continues. "If we ever get separated... or something, remember that I love you. I love you so much 'Lijah, in every one of our lifetimes." This has me taken aback.

"Never will we be separated," I say, pulling her close and kissing her forehead. "But in every lifetime, Morrigan, I will love you."