XXVIII

!smut warning y'all!
it's badly written but it's there

Elijah Mikaelson

Flashback to 1749

Christmas time was something I associated with the viking traditions I participated in as a child.

When Rebekah never let go of the bonfire tradition, I was more than happy to oblige, though for some reason, my little brother despised the custom, though that never wavered my sisters spirit.

The first time Morrigan engaged in the tradition, she became entranced with it. So much so that she and Rebekah join forces every year to make sure it happens.

"Elijah, surely you can put an end to this madness?" Klaus asks, storming into the foyer where I was standing, watching the two create the 'madness' in question.

"Unfortunately not, Niklaus." I say but he just rolls his eyes. I vaguely register Morrigan running past us, up the stairs.

"Of course not. Who am I talking to?" He mutters, mostly to himself before walking off, back up the stairs and into his bedroom, presumably to paint.

"Elijah?" Mor asks from the top of the stairs, catching my attention. "Can you come up here quickly?"

"For god's sake, you two!" Rebekah says in a joking tone, but egging him on, Morrigan just gives her a coy smile and winks at her.

"Don't be jealous," she quips as she grips my hand and pulls me into our room.

"What is it, darling?" I ask as she closes the door.

She ignores my question and opens a draw from the dresser and hovers her hands over the top of it.

"Revelare occulta," she says before pulling out a box, the size of her hand.

"What magical object do you have there?" I ask, going to take a closer look, but she pulls it away.

"It's not magical, it's just that I had to hide it with magic because you're nosy." I just raise a brow.

"What is the object you had to hide with magic?" I ask with a small laugh and she gives me a cunning smile.

"Take a look," she says, before presenting it to me with both hands. I take it from her and untie the ribbon. I look up at her to see her biting her lip apprehensively and toying with a strand of her now waist length hair.

I open the small box to see a pocket watch. It was beautiful, though I didn't know why she bought it for me, seeing as I already had multiple.

"It's beautiful, my love." I say, kissing her temple but she just huffs a sigh.

"Open it, silly." She says and I follow her instruction, albeit confused, though when I took a look inside, I smiled.

It was a painting of us, not doing anything in particular, but just us, smiling. Looking happy.

"I got your brother to do it. I also spelled it, so if you click here," she says, pushing a button that would usually not be there. When she did push it, a clock face appeared over the painting. "You can still tell the time."