II

Morrigan Brooks

"I STILL can't believe that Poppy got a husband!" Eliza says as she curls her hair and I start laughing.

"Shit, Liza, don't say that. You loved Poppy!" I say with a smile and she just looks unapologetic.

"Yeah, and I also knew her. She hated William." She states and I chuckle.

"Which one?" I say, remembering the sheriff at the time named his son after himself.

"Both," she says and we laugh.

"She was nice, I miss Poppy," I say as I do my makeup and Eliza nods.

"Yesh, she was a good laugh," I say, finishing getting ready. "You ready to go kill a bitch?" 

"100%. I'm in a bit of a murderous mood tonight. Do you reckon we could get that boutique owner on our hit list as well? He was an ass." She says referring to the boutique owner we met earlier today, where we got our dresses from, but he was an asshole who needed a reality check and an ego check.

"Well if he just happens to be at the party I don't see why we can't... you know." I say, mimicking ripping out his spine, which makes her laugh.

"And what a shame that would be." She says. I walk out of her bathroom and grab my heels. I sit on her bed to put them on and at the same time I admire my dress. It was short and black, ending right before my mid-thigh. The fabric was soft and stretchy and it had a beautiful square neckline. The sleeves were long and they were very billowy. The sleeves were mesh, which differentiated from the rest of the dress.

If I had to go through a bitchy retail worker to get this dress, I would

Eliza's dress was quite different. It was faux satin, a creamy colour. It also ended at her mid-thigh and it was also long-sleeved, though her sleeves were the same fabric as the rest of her dress. I'd assume that she had the same notion about what she would go through again to get this dress as me.

 I'd assume that she had the same notion about what she would go through again to get this dress as me

"Let me get my shoes and we can go." She says and I nod, telling her I'd wait in the car.

I was impatient, but we got there in almost no time. Parking is where the real nightmare started.