Chapter 9

Kuro and Shouta walked into the library as the girl inside let them in. Shouta looked at little paranoid walking back in but the girl reassured him that they were the only ones inside.

Shouta: You sure that there's no zombies around...?

The girl and the spikey green hair boy next to her gave him an scared look.

Girl: What?

Green Hair Boy: Z-Zombies?!

Kuro: Yeah...We ran into some trouble a while ago when we were here...So anyway. Thanks for letting us stay Miss...

Kuro still didn't get the name but the girl seem to understand why he mid-paused his sentence.

Girl: Nora...Call me Nora...

Shouta: Nice to meet you Nora-chan.

Nora: Just...Nora...Please...Not use to honorifics.

Lars: And I'm Lars Ulrich. Nora's assistant.

Kuro: Okay then. Nora. Lars. I'm Kuro. I'm get you know the fact of what's going on?

Nora nods with that same mischievous grin returning to her face.

Nora: That's right. I know everything of what's going on...especially the dead one...

Lars: That poor girl...

Kuro: (Mei...) Since you know...Is there any possible chance you know who could've killed her...

Nora:....That I do not know...not yet...

Kuro: But that still comes to our questions of why you're both here? How did you guys get here in the first place?

Nora and Lars both gave him a serious look.

Nora: Because we're trying to solve the case of Mei Aishiteru.

Kuro's eyes went wide. Shouta remained awestruck.

Shouta: No way! So you guys are detectives! Awesome!

Kuro: You're trying to find out who killed Mei?

Kuro: (Mei...) Since you know...Is there any possible chance you know who could've killed her...

Nora:....That I do not know...Just yet...I need more clues...You see...I'm a young detective in training...

Lars: Like I said. I'm Nora's assistant.

Shouta: Cool! Have you solve any cases yet?

Nora nodded her head with a smile.

Nora: Yes. The only cases I've only been able to solve were mysteries. Lars is still young but he is very intelligent and useful. Also You see I'm not just any detective. I am also a spirit medium. I can be able to sense spirits all around this school. Most of them...are violent...including her...

Lars: Most of these cases were prone on paranormal activity...

Nora: Yes. I was getting to that as well.

Lars: Sorry.

Kuro and Shouta looked at each other. Could they really trust these two.

Nora: Do you want to know why Mei hasn't moved on yet?

Shouta: Why...? I thought when people die...They cross over to the afterlife.

Lars frowned at that.

Lars: Sometimes that be the case...others times...no.

Shouta: Eh?

Nora:....Not all of them...usually the dead who have not moved on is that they are held against their free will, either by other ghosts or by loved ones who are still alive. But like Lars said in other cases...There are other reasons why not able to move on...

Kuro:.....What other reasons...

Nora: Example...if a spirit is in pain or angry...They will be not able to leave behind their regrets and remain earth bound...When Mei-san died...she must've been in a lot of pain...She couldn't be able to move on...

Kuro: Because of that...She begin to kill the people who tormented her and the one who murderer her...

Lars: So this is their fault everything is like this. I sympathize with that girl Mei. I hate bullies.

Kuro: ....Sounds like you're speaking from experience.

Lars:.....

Shouta:...Damn... That's pretty fucked up...

Lars: Yeah. I...don't want to talk about it.

Shouta: It's okay dude. If it's too personal. I won't press for answers.

Nora had a sad look on her face while staring at her assistant knowing what his past was like. She hopes he's getting the therapy he needs. Unlike Mei...who wasn't able too...

Nora: It really is...that poor girl...

Kuro: So Mei hasn't moved on and she's taking her anger out on the school...If we don't appease her...she'll never move on...

Nora: That's right...if you failed...Mei will forever be doomed and trapped in her suffering...forever...she will never find peace...

Lars: Unless you guys do something about it...

Kuro: (I will save you Mei...I made that promise.) Thanks for the advice but we're wasting time.

Nora: Alright. Before you two go, how about I give you a hint of where the dead girl's next body part could be.

Kuro gave her an suspicious look while Shouta had a perplexed one...

Kuro: (So she knows about that too. But how does she know...?)

Nora: Here's a riddle...When you are feeling better, how do you feel when you're not sick?

Shouta:..... That's it! Well! You feel well! So there must be a well somewhere.

Kuro: Good job Shouta...(Guess he does have a brain in there. He just rarely use it.)

Lars: Ding Ding! Correct!

Nora: Last time I checked, I think one could be outside of the school.

Kuro: So...If only we could get outside... There's has be a passageway somewhere in the school. Thank you Nora.

Nora: You're welcome. I'm surprised your friend was able to solve the riddle...I guess I misjudged his 'chisai' mind.

Shouta: Aww thanks.

Kuro:.....(She just insulted you and actually all right with that? Or maybe you don't realize what she meant...)

Lars: Good luck in appeasing Mei...I hope you do save her...and those bullies...I hope they suffer...