Chapter 19

*Saya's Pov*

I lay for a long moment, peering blearily at the dark floor below him that stank of mould and age. Tremors sent dust rising into the air, and as he watched a small crack began winding its way across the wooden floor.

The corpses of so many students lingered everywhere.

Bewildered, mind blurry, i pushed
myself up onto my knees and surveyed my surroundings, which most definitely belonged to Yongedu High.

As usual, thanks to the labyrinth.

It's decrepit state was instantly recognisable; the cracked and stained walls; the dirty windows and doors barely hanging on their hinges; the dark floor filled with so many holes and stained with such copious amounts of blood and gore.

Me: Reminds me so much of Corpse Party...

I remembered what happens to me earlier.

Someone had pushed me down into the hole and I miraculously survived. Somehow.

I thought I was a goner.

Me: Well it's great that I'm still alive but...

I checked my surroundings in the dark hole once more with one very important question.

How am I going to get out of here?

???: H-Hey! Is someone there?

A voice? It sounded female. It's not too far! I've better go help them!

-Yamada's Pov-

Eh?

Wait...

What...?

Mei is Koutarou-Sensei's niece...

How?

But...

Oh God...

Those stupid girls bullied his niece....

If he finds out what we and Maki really did to Mei before she vanished...

He's going to be pissed off...

He'll kill me when he does find out...What me and Konami did behind Mei's back! Oh God! I'm fucking screwed!

Kuro: Mei...is your niece...?

Koutarou:....Yes.

Me: W-Why...didn't you say anything before when the rumors started...?

Kuro: I pretty sure if you would've say something Sensei. Everyone would've understand.

Me: Yeah right Kuro...In this school, everyone is all nothing but a bunch of assholes, hysterical hypocrites, and liars. The slightest rumor aganist someone could ruined their life....

Like...Me...

Kuro: True...Students being bullied and tormented. Teachers not being able to do anything about it....But what can you say...high school sucks...for so many people...

Koutarou: Well...Back to our discussion...I couldn't say anything to the other faculty members...No one would believe me. The male teachers started calling me a pedophile and the female teachers would avoid me. Day-by-day, it got worse...But on the day Mei vanished...it was the final straw for me...

Shit...

Me: S-So...were you aware of her being bullied?

He gave me a frown but nodded.

Koutarou: At first, I didn't know what was going on with her. She wouldn't tell me anything. Say... Weren't you her boyfriend?

Me:....Yeah...I was...now we're not together.