Lam

Gaming and partying with my boys never gets old and to be honest, it's the one constant in my life. It's the one thing other than my boys along with my family who haven't failed me in any way.

I rode off home post the party and games. I went to my dorm, kicked off my shoes, took a quick shower and then nursed a drink. I sat down, thinking about how I had started my day as an attached guy and ended it as a single dude.

I reflected back on my relationship with Maprang. I thought I was a nice enough boyfriend; always there for her, sending her home, bringing her to all the places she wanted but why she would see another guy behind my back baffled me. And when I asked her today, she told me it was because she fell out of love with me. Was that possible? I guess love alone wasn't enough huh? Love alone didn't make it all enough. It was also a choice, wasn't it? To stay committed and to be in love too?

My eyes became teary and I just rubbed them off. I was a real softie at heart though I am very cool and icy on the front. Just then I heard knocks on the door. I wiped my tears, sighed softly and went to open the door. Forth stood at the door.

"Forth, what are you doing here?"

"Are you ok? You seemed abit off at the cafe so I wanted to check in on you."

"I'm good dude. Don't worry. I'm fine really. Why don't you go home first?"

"You sure? Hmm okays then, you know if you need a friend, I am here."

I smiled at him, nodding my appreciation and watch him go off. I have known Forth since we were 16 and we were 20 now and he has always been this constant loyal friend to me.

I closed the door, sighing softly, my tears threatening to fall again. Just then, the door suddenly opened on me. I gasped and stumbled back in shock, as I was about to wipe my tears. I looked up and realized it was Forth.

"Forth!"

"Don't you dare tell me you are ok. I known you for a while now Lam. We are practically together everyday. You are telling me you are ok when you clearly are not?"

"Forth.."

I kept quiet, refusing to say anything more. Forth knows me well. I will talk only when I am ready to. He came up, wiped my tears off, took my drink off my hand and went to get a top up for himself instead.

"You don't have to tell me anything. When you are ready, you can talk. For now, I am just going to chill and sleep over ok?"

I looked at Forth who just side eyed me not ready to take no for an answer. I just sighed and went and sat with him. We watched shows for an hour or so when we finally headed to bed around 2am. It was Saturday and we had no classes so we could sleep in.

We both laid on the bed, apart and just looking up at the ceiling. Forth has slept over numerous times, but every time he was dead drunk and had no idea. This was the first time he slept over, sober and having initiated it. I chuckled wryly at this situation of ours. I looked over at him and he caught my eye. We both started laughing. He threw a pillow at my face and I threw it back at him. We just laughed and laid back, amused at ourselves. We finally dozed off after awhile; my heart significantly less burdened and emotionally wrought than it was.

Surprisingly cured by this strappy tall friend of mine.